Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Throughout these YYE forums there are countless threads discussing what is the best yoyo and everyone has their own opinion. Well back in the mid to late eighties this was easy to answer as there was only one option and that was the one and only Tom Kuhn Silver Bullet. Fixed axle aluminium slim line with replaceable hard maple wood axle sleeves just like the beloved No Jive 3 and 1. The first yoyo to established the $100+ price point for machines aluminum throws that are so common place today. With “Smooth” engraved on the side, the Silver Bullet is nonetheless, on every throw you feel the precision that was engineered into it. The woman I got this from said she never learned how to play it, so it sat it a desk drawer for 30 years, forshame. Definitely a joy to play and I feel blessed to be the one to get to put it through its paces today. Been using one Turbo Disc to help with breaking in response on new strings.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

16 Likes