Fixed Axle Friday Throws

BC graffiti yoyo!

9 Likes

try doing a flip with it, like Earthturn on Kendama.

1 Like

Do you have any idea how long i worked for those 6 seconds? What exactly are you saying? Got a video? Right now im just working on Eds tutorials on the YYE tutorial page beginner and fixed axel page.

@peytoncali11 i had to search earthturn… looks very cool. Illk Get on it :wink:.
In case anyone wants to try…https://youtu.be/EtPRXpuA0GI

5 Likes

i’m just saying mess around with it lol. the 6 seconds you got were beautiful, great work!

2 Likes

Just wait till you land your first kickflip. Nice stall, I find it hard to be that dead smooth.

3 Likes

Thanks.

On a kick flip how big is the loop around your NTH index? I think my stalls are to small cause i can’t even see the loop as the yoyo is flipping around.

2 Likes

it should be bigger then that. Try pulling your fingers apart more before the Stall and make sure to raise your TH with the yoyo, otherwise you will pull the loop out.

2 Likes

Im probably not moving my TH at all… and illk try for a bigger loop. Thanks.

2 Likes

It can be almost any size, but for ease id say like a 2 or 3 inch gap. Obviously no gap = no flip. Try to practice landing into a stall with a bit more gap (dont let the string wind up, find a point where you can get it to stop on the string). After a bunch of practice you will be able to land it reliably, and usually the slack you get from a nice stall is the perfect length to start to kickflip. Once you get the stall down, you need to learn the kickflip flick. I find it best to flick it up and inwards off of the inside of the outermost knuckle on the NTH finger.

2 Likes

To echo what’s been said, start big and work to small. I found it easier to start with a large loop and slow/deliberate flip. Once I found my groove I worked it smaller and smaller to hit that sweet spot that I can hit at a quicker speed.

Patience and persistence too.

2 Likes

When you flick to flip you flip the you outwards or inwards ? I have been flipping it away from me…
Lots of good pointers. Thank you all.

Nice!!! :slight_smile: I can definitely relate. Breakthrough tricks are always so satisfying. Part of what’s kept me going all these years.

There’s a LOT more content on the Bandalores instagram: www.instagram.com/bandalores
Some of it is really easy and some is… really not. But if you run out of things to work on w the YYE tutorials I’m pretty proud of the content on there. Thanks for giving 0a a go - hope you keep digging it! :pray:t3:

6 Likes

Apologies double post, but… yay Friday! :wink:

14 Likes

Oooh that lil dome twentehtwenteh?

3 Likes

TMBR for the win!

12 Likes

Shipped most of these out to testers today. Still a couple left if anyone is interested.

Been trying them in a variety of yo-yos today, these 3 are working really nicely as fixies. (Butterfly Al, DM2, and an Hspin Icon to test out the D size blanks.)

12 Likes

Throwing a yoyo that Ed once owned from Skip.

No Jive’s need a bit of tweaking to respond well, but they are really nice! Much smaller than I expected.

14 Likes

I’d love to try out an A size in a 650b!

I have no idea how edhaponik makes this guy dance… illk try it tonight in the dark, that should help.

12 Likes

Friday is here y’all!!!

Beech SpinWorthy KNack

11 Likes