Fixed Axle Friday Throws

On that speHctra today. :call_me_hand:t3:
(Also Colin and I have been chatting a ton and I’m more stoked than I’d have thought possible about twenteH-twenteH lol. #hype)

13 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

4 Likes

Beach eh

11 Likes

Not quite Friday, but @yoyo_cubicle’s post about luftverk bearing blanks just reminded me I started something a while back and never got around to making it.

Some lasercut bearing blanks:

Maple: 3.22 - 3.26 mm thick
Acrylic: 2.68 mm thick
Luftverk blanks for reference: 3.02 mm thick

Not sure what kind of longevity these will offer, Acrylic and Maple aren’t the most durable materials, but it’s what I had handy. The acrylics are probably too thin, but may work in some yo-yos. The maple fits my Butterfly AL perfectly (Luftverk blank was just slightly too thin and moved around in play a little.) but I haven’t tried them in any other yo-yos.

Any of you fixed axle guys want to test these out? I’d send a few out for free to those interested, let me know.

14 Likes

I’m interested, I’ll send you a PM.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yo I’m so down to give em a shot those look so fun!!

4 Likes

Went for the Spectraply and which I had gone for the white oak instead for the Carlson CS.

2 Likes

i’m interested, those look super cool.

1 Like

Send me a PM @PCaliyoyos and I’ll get you one.

Quick question for anyone using bearing blanks - Would you want any other bearing sizes like A or D or… Looping? Or is Size C what you would mostly use?

3 Likes

A bearing blanks would be fun in Alley Cats and Freehands along with the Weekender and Moonshine 2 to name a few.
D bearing blanks for the G2 Respond and old Hspins
C bearing blanks for all the rest of the high wall hybrid jack of all trade trows out there like Sherpas and Moonshines

4 Likes

Cool, good list! Maybe I’ll make a few A and D tomorrow to send out as well.

4 Likes

Raises hand

I’m interested in that @YoYoExpertGarrett! I could do a side by side with the luftverk I got

3 Likes

Just a note to anyone who reached out to test the blanks - Use some caution trying these, I haven’t had string break on my Butterfly AL yet, but Idk how rough the laser cut edge will be on strings or if it will cause any to break.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Last few weeks I’ve been switching up my woods; maple, walnut and oak. Playing this Rainbow SpectraPly TMBR Carlson CS at 45 grams, but I’m also going to play a Luftverk Bearing Blank in my XP 55 Alpina AMS2488 titanium at 64 grams. It’s always a good day to play some fresh white Zipline [kot-n].

10 Likes

Absolutely loving this wooden piece of art.

10 Likes

13 Likes

THAT is a good looking yo-yo!

4 Likes

2nd that. What a beautiful blood cell!

2 Likes

Darn it is very satisfying to land… anything at this point… but the Carlson is so much fun!
I need to check out these blood cells next.

8 Likes