Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Just a drop in each hole. You really wont need much. Get two stacks of 8 playing cards either side of the axle and set a flat heavy object evenly on the top of it. Make sure it is on a hard flat surface too.

With properly mixed and applied epoxy, it won’t come apart ever again.

3 Likes

I finally got my TMBR to stick. Now it’s on too tight and I think I’ll break it if I try to take it apart. Time to get a spare axle.

3 Likes

i will! need to ask around to see if anyone has epoxy.

1 Like

It’s really readily available. Your dad might have some. You may even be able to buy it at the supermarket.

Oh- line up the wood grain in the halves too. That is usually the smoothest configuration.

4 Likes

*fresh😎

1 Like

that sounds ridiculous but ok.

Lol! Why?

2 Likes

I don’t know if that applies to epoxy as it does wood glue. I made the mistake of using some old wood glue. Didn’t even hold 10 minutes. Fresh was the way to go.:man_facepalming:

1 Like

It’ll be smoother and more aesthetically pleasing

2 Likes

I used what was hailed as the best PVA wood glue available. Very expensive stuff. It seemed to fail on people all the time, and it was fresh…

PVA just isn’t up to snuff for yoyo axles. Epoxy is the go.

3 Likes

i don’t know! it just feels like it shouldn’t make a difference but it does. then again, you are the expert so i’ll listen to you lol.

2 Likes

In plastic or metal, not so much, but In wood the difference is significant.

2 Likes

it’s crazy how different wood is from any material, such a nice soothing feel to it.
Edit: after picking up my Harbinger to check the grain i have a very strong urge to throw it again.

1 Like

oh the axle is still in one side very well, should i try to take it out and epoxy both or leave it in and epoxy one side?

1 Like

No!.. you will damage it. It will probably remain secure.

2 Likes

ok awesome!

Glen the end of the axle looks to have cuts in it (intentional cuts), should in try to get the glue in the cuts to help it stay better or just the hole?

Some of the TMBR woes are being solved with a new tool in the works, and I know we all enjoy more yoyo accessories.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CByQPnihr0e/?igshid=enux3m0qarvu

Today I’m switching it up and playing 53 grams of White Oak, 2015 EH laced with 2020 Zipline [kot-n].

8 Likes

Been throwing my 2015 eh today too

Love the shape and weight of the 2014/15 versions. I haven’t tried a year 16, I’ll have to go on the hunt for one.

11 Likes

7 Likes