Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Why are you tempting me with this?

1 Like

Oooh I just copped one of the orange onessss

7 Likes

Wood-thread 3-in-1. Got a “clean machine” version!

8 Likes

That model is a good balance. The looping orientation would still work pretty well for general 0A.

4 Likes

Hope there’s a maple deluxe left when I get paid.

1 Like

I just grabbed a deluxe maple. They are still showing in stocks.

1 Like

But I don’t get paid for a weeeek

The This-A-Way That-A-Way is like my ideal wooden yoyo! I’ve been really wanting a modern fixie in a more traditional looping shape, and now here it is! Picked up a Maple standard. Should feel a lot better than flipping the halves of my 2019 Irving!

1 Like

It’s Friday!!!

8 Likes

I think this is the thread ive been meaning to get involved in… I’ve been bite by the wooden bug

9 Likes

Happy Friday!

11 Likes

Colin sent me this amazing oak/bubinga throw with a super-subtle dish on the face and it just plays brilliantly. Feels simultaneously new and like a throwback to the original eH. It’s dense like the oak my aikido weapons are made from!

17 Likes

That has a fantastic shape!!!

3 Likes

That’s a beauty! The 2014 eh is my favorite fixed axle.

3 Likes

That is a Beautiful piece of artwork ! Love the wood grain.

1 Like

TMBR Maple Sullivan and fresh Zipline [kot-n], it’s going to be hard going back to bulk Type-10 cotton after getting a taste of the boutique. Also the Zipline branded Spinstar is also alot of fun laced with [kot-n] for 0A transaxle pleasure.

9 Likes

Well it was about time I posted something in this section since I am a huge wood fan.
I must have made 20 videos before I was happy with something worth posting. The video is in the basement at work. Work is very quiet with all this Covid-19 going on.
Hope no one turns 3 shades of green with my lousy looping technique.

BC Spitfire from later in production.

9 Likes

Your loops look great @WoodenYoEr!

1 Like

Great job! Looping seems like such a simple thing but the repetitive hand motions that have to be dead-on perfect are, to me, more difficult than the boring slow poke 1a nonsense that requires two and sometimes 3 hands which is why looping videos constitute 1% of the videos posted on the Forums.

2 Likes

And those are spot on inside loops. Nice and straight.:sunglasses:

1 Like