Fixed Axle Friday Throws

If you wanted to use skateboard terminology it would be like a Sex Change where you land in the opposite stance. So a 5a Sex Change Kickflip.

6 Likes

My assumption is there must be a 5a trick (cross-arm to trapeze suicide w hands switching) like this which already has a name. So this would just be a _________ Kickflip.

I just don’t know what it is.

2 Likes

The OG Wheels play nice and stout coming in around 60 grams, have a snappy response to them and are great for STM. The 2016 Wheels were definitely a bit of a let down as a rebranded version 1 Butterfly XT and even lighter with the cut out caps. I do like the bearing sleeve they came with though for other throws like the Bolt 2, and have also put in a Full Spec C and added rubber weight rights under the hub caps of my 2016 Wheels to make it somewhat playable. But it will never come close to the OG Wheels. From a collection point of view there are also a lot of fun variants of the older Wheels, even a Speed Racer version

3 Likes

Nice work!

The Deep State is generally considered “semi-responsive.” Fixed axle would be something like a TK No-Jive which has an axle that doesn’t move. Unless you have a bearing blank in the Deep State.

2 Likes

Oh i didn’t know. I’l fix that… I’ve been practicing on my no jive but i am no where near anything more then one loop!
Darn i really hoped to throw my deep state all day :wink:

2 Likes

Uh, what? Yeai-uh! Okay! Just landed a double kickflip (beech KNack of course)! Damn that trick is hard, but soo satisfying. Anybody have tips on heelflips? I can barely get the yoyo to flip that way, let alone catch it.

11 Likes

Congrats on that @eternalmetal!

2 Likes

Playing this BC Black Silver Striped Painted 3 and 1 No Jive from the late nineties again. This is one of my older yoyos that has inspired my yoyo journey. It is my standard to measure how far I have come and how far I can take it. My YYE Type 10 string is nice and broken in, so I’m ready to jam and push my personal envelope.

By the way normal length Type 10 is sold out, hope there is a restock planned soon @YoYoExpertGarrett.

9 Likes

Happy fixed axle Friday folks!

Simultaneously kicking off 5aMay with a bang…

The bang being my knuckles!

11 Likes

When I first saw the Freehand concept back in the early 2000s I thought it was so amazing that I tried it out with a Playmaxx Turbo Bumblebee and used a wine cork for a counterweight. Last May I ready focus on 5A and had a very progressive month. Now that the 5.0A is a growing style off of the modern responsive movement; what better way to kick of Friday May 1st than with some fixed axle freehand. Duncan Pro Fly and a Duncan Yellow Ball on some Yellow Cotton Duncan strings. I know 5A is now free, but I still like to Throw Duncan @bjardin

8 Likes

I’m throwing this ProFire (ProYo) a lot in an attempt to wear in the friction stickers so it doesn’t buzz and vibrate the string so much.

I also sanded it to a lovely frosted look:

10 Likes

Cool - unlike the ProYo, ProFire was technically a transaxle with the brass sleeve able to spin freely. Still fun and the fixed axle police aren’t ticketing.

4 Likes

Ah, I thought maybe the brass bit got clamped down by the spacers and didn’t spin.

3 Likes

This is the only proyo I have right now…

Thanks man!

9 Likes

That’s an interesting counterweight on your butterfly AL @bjardin. what is it?

2 Likes

Looks better that way!

1 Like

It’s one of the CW we didn’t release. I got a ton, will share some pics later.

6 Likes

aight who just copped one of those new TMBR’s?? The shape is incredible. Had to have it.

13 Likes

Side view please!

4 Likes

https://fixedaxle.com/products/thisaway-thataway hehe, take a look for yourself!

2 Likes