Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Legend Wings would be produced very quickly. If they were on the lathe for more than 30 seconds, I’d be surprised. Because of this, the play experience you have with them can vary considerably.

4 Likes

you can definitely tell hahaha. I mean it’s 10 bucks so waddaya expect. I’m probably just gonna get another tmbr once he restocks

2 Likes

Sounds good. TMBR yoyos are a huge leap in
quality.

1 Like

You can also break it in with the old recommended ProYo method. Take off the string and put it into the gap around the axle unlooped, then saw with the meat of the string back and forth for a few minutes or until it starts to feel smoother.

4 Likes

Thanks to all you helpful people i’ve now been using my legend for over a week. I haven’t touched anything else, all other throws are sitting in my basket. Hopefully the urge returns and i’ll pick up my other types soon. So heres the questions.
When doing loops (which i can usually do) why does the throw sometimes go into a mad spin ? a bit like a sidewinder.
When doing flips (hopefully to learn shoot the moon ect) the throw will turn is it hand position.
Also I’m guessing with flips that the throw is supposed NOT to reverse face unlike loops.
Finally any recommends for new yoyo ? was saving for a sengoku but that can wait. Not to expensive as i’m ordering some gouges to have a go at making one (thanks to Mr Spinworthy inspriation).
Fixed axle and wood.

2 Likes

I totally forgot something. I was watching a Throws n Brews video on wood fixed axles and followed his advice on getting a little Chapstick on the loop of string that goes around the axle. This should condition the axle a bit.

2 Likes

I did this with some beeswax on my legend wing and while it had a smoother feel, I don’t think it added much in the way of sleep times.

@Quasar I’ve had 2 legend wings (wife tried to unscrew the first one…) and they definitely require plenty of break in and constant mindfulness of string tension to play halfway decent.

2 Likes

Trying to decide which of these to use tomorrow.

Also…

Reminder! Tomorrow!

11 Likes

Please tell me how that CLYW feels. What I mean is, the surface. I have the natural and some finished but after throwing the natural the finished ones feel icky.

2 Likes

4 for Fix Friday

12 Likes

Orphan:)

12 Likes

It feels good! It’s like a plasti-dip coating, not glossy like the finished wings. I love it. Gives JUST enough extra weight to it as well.

3 Likes

I have those too!

Today I’m throwing my “Santa Fe Sunflower” ProYo:

14 Likes

I too have that SB2 …i mean the SB2 you have…we have 2 SB2 (i bet if we try we find more😉)

2 Likes

Being a real Duncan fanboy last night with the Freehand AL 2020 drop, I thought why not play what influenced the original Freehand on this Fixed Axle Friday. The OG Duncan Wheels Long Spin. Back when I was a kid these were my main jam as No Jives were out of my price range and still only available in specialty shops. Compared to the Butterfly these have more weight and a rounder bulbous shape.

12 Likes

I really like that.

2 Likes

To bad I can’t give it even more hearts
:two_hearts:

1 Like

I love the wheel design of that version of the OG Wheels. How does it play?

I have a current run version of the Wheels and it is pretty awful. It plays much better if its rattly plastic trans-axle is replaced with a slim C bearing. But even then, the red wheel hub they use today isn’t nearly as awesome-looking as that white one.

1 Like

White wall tires for the win😉!

throwing 5a w eHknown today… and struggling with what to call this lol

13 Likes