New Release from Duncan - The FREEHAND AL!

From Duncan: A year in the making and too many revisions to count; we funneled it all down to one beautiful, powerful, and iconic design. Our newest yo-yo, the Freehand AL!

We updated the Freehand design many times over the years. So what is different this time? We added an aluminum cap, improved the shape and weight distribution. The result? It’s a massive upgrade! We initially thought that aesthetics is the critical factor here, but it turns out that the spin-time is equally essential. We flattened the area near the padded seat to hold intricate long combos, as well as designing the body to be a semi-organic shape to accommodate changing directional tricks to any style of play. Using an aluminum cap really separated the Freehand AL from any of the current yo-yos in the market right now.

A bang for your buck and a must yo-yo to add on your collection. Freehand AL comes with a licensed Dif-E-Yo KonKave Bearing and Rapid Ball counterweight (color may vary).

Releasing Thursday 4/16 @ 8PM EDT.

16 Likes

It’s a classic! Love the color/cap combos! (oh and the cap is aluminum not plastic, wow)

Any pro-tips on removing these caps @YoYoExpertGarrett? Since they are metal they’ll have less “give”

10 Likes

Yeah the colors are really nice, and there’s other colors too on the page. Much better performance than the old Freehand Al, I was playing with one all day today and really like it.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Man, can’t wait to get my hands on the green! I like how it’s a call back to the original FH 1 that came in a green with yellow caps!

7 Likes

Word. That green/yellow would be my choice if I were to snag one.

2 Likes

And what’s the burden on the wallet?

2 Likes

$50 for the solid colors and $55 for the two coloreds.

2 Likes

Missed that cap question. I do not believe they are meant to be removed.

(I was wrong, thanks for the info Bryan!)

6 Likes

@bjardin mentioned on instagram how they’ve been tuned so they don’t vibe…and though the caps can be removed and swapped, doing so might add vibe.

3 Likes

Yes you can remove the caps.

PS: we do not recommend it though, it’s tuned. Remove at your own risk.

8 Likes

I’m going to need a pair of black and red caps at some point!

What do the caps weight? Will old plastic caps fit?

2 Likes

And can the AL caps fit into any of Duncan’s plastics like the Freehand Nextgen?

1 Like

Old cap fits.

From our CAD design, the aluminum cap weight is 6.18g.

12 Likes

haha that’s awesome! Thanks @bjardin

4 Likes

That’s awesome, I want to put these metal caps in my FHZ now!

7 Likes

Is that per cap or combined weight?

3 Likes

I forgot to add that. It’s per cap.

7 Likes

I’d like to see Duncan come out with the Hornet AL next. :fire:

5 Likes