Fixed Axle Friday Throws

exactly… one dosen’t (jk)

1 Like

A couple of things:

1. Pull the string hard until the snag comes loose. Sometimes i have to apply quite a decent amount of force.
  2. Grab a toothpick or anything similar and see if you can pull the strings loose.
  3. Last resort method: Cut the string with a cutter or a crafts knife.
6 Likes

good method

1 Like

Get some decent wood glue from your local hardware store. Squeeze a drop into the hole and put 2 stacks of 9 playing cards either side of the axle. Clamp for 24h, then play. You’ll be good to go.

I hope to make you a replacement Harbinger in a week.

4 Likes

It’s a good thing cotton string is cheap! :wink:

1 Like

You’d be surprised how rare knots will occur on a fixed axle yoyo and they really aren’t that hard to untie anyway.

6 Likes

fixed axle and responsive are different right Glen?

1 Like

Fixed axle yoyos are responsive, but there are bearing responsives too.

Responsive just refers to any yoyo that is tug return.

2 Likes

Ah ok

1 Like

Any updates on a new EHKNOWN run? Every time I see a photo of one I get envious and anxious.

6 Likes

My only update is that… y’know… things… are happening. :wink:

In all seriousness, the making and ordering parts aren’t up to me - I just get to throw em. But all parties definitely recognize that the last run saw more demand than supply, and we’re trying to address that asap. The goal is to see another reHlease before that most jolly holiday - and perhaps not JUST of the super-classy UNKNOWN variety. :pray:

6 Likes

I actually just recently stopped being a jerk and started putting “likes” on pictures of eHknowns. I rarely fall victim to jealousy but nobody’s perfect… so happy to know things are happening!

7 Likes

God forbid that you aren’t smashing that like button in 2019

8 Likes

I was very surprised at how infrequently I get axle knots when I play fixed. Maybe it is just the type of tricks I throw, but, axle knots just don’t happen that often (unless I’m working on Spirit Bomb or the ill-advised (for me) Green Triangle stall).

3 Likes

This Friday has now been 1 year of Fixed Axle Fridays Throws for me. When I started I wasn’t trying to get to any mile stone, I just like throwing fixed axle yoyos. Consistently spending time every week on fundamentals and reflecting has really helped me progress forward as well, and there is still so much to explore.
20191029_144658

Back to the beginning with the Purple ProFly and yellow Duncan cottons

10 Likes

awesome congrats!

1 Like

Today’s fixie

9 Likes

I love those Pro Flies, my first wood axle yoyo back when I was a kid. Always so smooth on the string! That Spinworthy is gorgeous, too. What kind of wood is that?

I’ve been enjoying these three a lot lately. Some of the finest yoyos I’ve had the pleasure of throwing. After receiving mine in the mail today, I suddenly have the urge to start collecting no-jives! Maybe at least a natural one to go with this gorgeous red.

4 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what wood is the Legend Wing made out of?

1 Like