Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Beautiful

1 Like

I started out Fixed Axle Febuary with the Freshly Dirty Traveler, so what better way to move into Modular Modern Responsive March then with a Freshly Dirty Mod 44. This Mod 44 is set up with Freshly Dirty’s own Slim Jimmies, and I’m trying out the C3 Arise Plastic Spool which is wider than a 1/2 spec C but has a smaller internal axle diameter than a standard bearing blank, similar to the 2016 Wheels, still plenty of kick to get to double or nothing running on some cheap bulk poly. @Saltman360 I’m keeping it Dirty…

Here on YYE is where you can get Spooled…

14 Likes

Who made the Traveller?

I know it is a FD throw, but who turned it?

3 Likes

I believe @Saltman360 did back in 2016

On the Back Porch

11 Likes

Of course I’m going to play a Spinworthy Harbinger today before tonight’s highly anticipated drop.

@Glenacius_K @MarkD

17 Likes

I had the same thought this AM.

11 Likes

Man that’s a beaut

1 Like

Next week the forum is going to turn into the Metal Harbinger Show!!!:rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Harbinger!!

12 Likes

The Harbinger envy is real in this thread.

6 Likes

Post-modern fixies @GnarlyCharlie :wink:

12 Likes

Is that Weekender rockin’ a blank? Also, have you tried the metal Harbinger with the locked MR85?

1 Like

Sure is, it is actually a locked standard A bearing. I tried the lathedback blank, but it was too narrow for the bearing posts. The standard bearing has a good gap to response size ratio. @bheinz63 convinced me to put flowable silicon in it, which sealed the deal. :sunglasses:

I have put a bearing blank in the Harbinger and it played great! Though I find it isn’t as zippy as the RBC so it does play quite nicely stock. I’ve been kind of switching them back and forth. Also the bearing blank in my Harbinger is a little extra grabby right now. - For some reason they need to break in sometimes. Get the metal buffed just right… :thinking:

4 Likes

Flowed silicone is the jam!!

1 Like

I’ve been so hesitant, but maybe it’s time I joined the club. Do you know of any companies that make yoyo specific flowable?

2 Likes

The only one I’m aware of thats “yoyo specific” is monkey snot. I just use permatex window sealant, aka clear flowable

2 Likes

Back on this stained @DocPop Legend Wing, its starting to break in nicely :ok_hand:

Laced with some YYF 100% Cotton

13 Likes

TMBR from the top shelf

25 Likes

It will be interesting to see your photos and hear your impressions of fishing Duncan ProFly and ProYo. These yo-yos have their own unique style and character, and I’m sure they’ll give you a lot of fun and maybe even inspire others to join the Friday fixed-axis sessions!

2 Likes

Woahhhh!!!

3 Likes