Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Getting eHxotic in WeHnge

21 Likes

Love the look of the exotic wood eHs.

I’m very eHnvious!

4 Likes

Did I forget to mention 54.5 grams

8 Likes

That’s sexy. Also I have no idea how Colin managed to keep the weight to 54g on a wenge yo-yo. That sounds fantastic.

3 Likes

Thats is a very nice fixie bike.
I used to be a bike mechanic and had a number of fixed gear bikes over the years.
Like a fixed yoyo, there is something ‘extra’ about the simplicity and lack of maintenance required.
It gives you a feeling apart from regular coasting bikes, or yoyos.

6 Likes

I feel like perhaps i unfairly maligned this yoyo when i first got it a couple weeks ago.
I used the tutorial from this forum to take it apart and add a rubber weight to each half. Youcan see thwir outline in the photo.
For some reason i had two identical washers that fit snug. They weigh 1.4g each so it makes it a 54g yoyo.
I also pressed it back together with my one ton shop press (gently). It seems to have made the gap perfect.
It is now one of my best performing fixed yoyos for sure.

14 Likes

I have an Alpha Wing that has personally been disappointing. I may have take a shot at modding mine as well! Nice work!

3 Likes

I actually think the biggest improvement was pressing the halves together in my press.
The stock gap seemed to be a bit wide, even to the eye, but pressing them tight fixed the sleeping and return perfectly.
Also the lip balm on the string. I found that it improved all of my fixed yoyos, not just wooden axles.

4 Likes

Did your blank arrive this week? :hugs:

2 Likes

Mine did, thanks again.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no, but i am not sure the mail for today came yet. we had half a foot of snow last night, so sometimes the mail is delayed by a couple of hours.
If not today, i am sure it will arrive early next week.

My crushed shield bearinf seems to be doing the trick for now though.:grin:

2 Likes

I put epoxy glue in the bearing on this moonshine
I would prefer a smaller axle on a fixed yoyo, but it works well enough.
I used to never play this yoyo, now i see it as a very capable fixed axle yoyo. And likely next month with a free bearing, i will continue to grow to love it.

15 Likes

19 Likes

Inspired me to pull out the 1 of 2 eHbony eHxotic. Coming in at 74 grams :flushed:. It’s a wild feel with the heavy weight and slick maple axle.

26 Likes

hahaha yessssss. i forgot about those. thing was a brick but so cool.
as an upright bassist i was so stoked when colin said he had a small amount of usable ebony.

6 Likes

Almost feels like it’s polished stone instead of wood. Love it.

I like to play it with a fresh string cut a bit long so the bounce helps take some of the weight off on the throw.

6 Likes

No Jive w/homemade cw. EDC for February at least.

26 Likes

Had to pull out the @DocPop edition legend wing in honor of FAF week 4 special guest.

23 Likes

Have to do the same in solidarity, though I don’t really need an excuse to play a Fresh Stained @DocPop Legend Wing, one of my favorite variants.

16 Likes

Kasm with sturmpanzer trim

25 Likes