Fixed Axle Friday Throws

My fixies this Friday

18 Likes

i keep reading poptart i cant stop now. very cool blanks. love it

4 Likes

I thought I typed Poptart this morning on the discord lol!

1 Like

15 Likes

Anybody else burning through cotton strings like crazy? Just me? I feel like it might just be me

No I burn through one every few days. How many are you going through?

1 Like

Whelp, sadly that wood blank on my Popart did not last long. It cracked on me as I tightened the yoyo. Was fun while it lasted, may have to make another. Still plays great even with the split but I don’t think my string will be happy.

Fun FAF today too - my coworker came to work today with a Duncan Butterfly, got bit by the bug. Showed him the ropes and got him going on sleepers. Was a slow work day so we got a few chances to throw :slight_smile: He actually pulled the trigger on a bearing yoyo today (I sent him here) that he’ll have fun with…as well as some string and lube.

4 Likes

Love this thing. What are you calling these @Glenacius_K ?

14 Likes

A stuff up.

3 Likes

This one is perfect though. Kind of feels like a combination of a Legend Wing and a Blood Cell.

4 Likes

The Chunky Monkey! :speak_no_evil::joy:

Did you get tracking for that? I think you bought it around when I bought one. Been watching the mail like a fiend for weeks haha. I’m never sure how long post takes to get from australia

3 Likes

Yeah I was watching the tracking everyday too. I have another package coming from Glen that’s been awaiting clearance at the airport for a couple days now. Typically, for me, I’ve noticed that once it arrives at my local airport it takes about 3-4 days for delivery. The whole shipping process takes about 2 weeks.

3 Likes

like one a day? I’m throwing for several hours a day, though so I don’t know if that’s part of it or the cotton I have is just crappy or what

What yoyo are you using?

a butterfly, primarily. weirdly my wooden throw, a fallen44, doesn’t seem to get as finicky when the string starts to get worn. my butterfly starts doing… weird things when the string gets older. like becomes super responsive regardless of how often I check my string tension.

2 Likes

Oh ya that totally makes sense then. Are you using the stock Duncan butterfly string? I’ll burn through strings on my butterfly faster than any other yoyo I own.

4 Likes

Now I understand. I always wondered why and this makes sense to me. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Everyone is on their own Yo-Yo Journey. Today I’m going back in time with a 2016 Freshly Dirty Traveler in Yellow Pine, the tall slimline spces (58mm X 23mm, 40g ) make for a great pocket player, the axle is on the bigger diameter side being 3/8" which gives some consistent response for the 4mm gap. For being such a pancake it is rather capable, and its also cool to see how far Freshly Dirty has come on their journey.

22 Likes