Fixed Axle Friday Throws

There is no turning back now

2 Likes

So awesome man <3

1 Like

Has anyone here tried a Duncan First Yo?

9 Likes

No not yet, are they even stateside yet? I hope they make it into the toy stores and box stores.

1 Like

I saw them at a brick & mortar toy shop in Greenville SC so they are def out there.

4 Likes

I have one on the way. I will update when I get it

2 Likes

This weekend I worked on Snap Wind to Lunar Landing. I haven’t managed to land a Lunar Flip after it yet, but I’m getting close.

16 Likes

The snap wind to lunar is a pretty little move, nice progress

5 Likes

This is a lot for me.

20 Likes

I know this is not Friday but

14 Likes

Nice! That’s a thicc throw you got there too. Homemade?

1 Like

Kind of, I basically drew the specs and then let a local wood turner made it for me. Playable but I wish to change it a bit for the next run.

7 Likes

It came! It’s interesting and pretty cool. Doesn’t stall very well as there’s a very low wall and sidewinders are difficult since the rubber is grippy. Walking the dog is fun though.

The string comes double wrapped so it won’t sleep for kids just trying to throw and catch which is nice. Without the wrap the response is a bit snappier than the new butterflies. I need more time with it to really see what it can do

13 Likes

I think I might have to try this just for the rubber rims!

2 Likes

This is awesome!

Good ol’ Proyo.

19 Likes

What, you didn’t like opening a brand new Butterfly only to have an 1/8” gap on one side and a 1/4” gap on the other? :rofl:

I bought 3 of the new mold Butterflies, 2 pink and one blue. Pink is my daughter’s favorite color, so I gave her one, the blue to my son and the other pink for my Butterfly collection. One of the pinks was off, just slightly. The other two had no issues, let’s hope it stays this way with these.

2 Likes

Ok guys last chance on these. If you’ve been needing a pink and can’t find one, you have until Monday to get one of my last 5, I’ll ship on Tuesday.

5 Likes

“A brewers job is never done”

Or…something like that
Happy Friday!

18 Likes

So I pulled this one out of the vault. This is a 1990 edition Duncan World Class, however its more than likely leftover new, old stock from the early eighties. With a 61mm Diameter and weight of 65 grams due to its internal metal weight rings in the chunky flat rims, this is probably one of the first hybrid models coupled with a Reslon-coated fixed axle. The response is also a recessed starburst compared to the Butterfly. This would be a unique Duncan back catalog throw to revise as it was a head of its time before the bearing revolution and a forgotten classic.

Throw Duncan! @bjardin

24 Likes