Fixed Axle Friday Throws

dyed a blue butterfly. the logo turned bronze and the body is darker and more teal. Getting more into fixed axle again.

14 Likes

string #2 broke within 10-15 throws. I can now confirm it is a knick in the axle. I guess I’m also wondering why the area for the string wouldn’t be as polished as the areas the seat into the yoyo. You can definitely see the machine marks under an eye look.

2 Likes

i believe the tool marks are intentional for response but not meant to be so sharp as to cut strings…

2 Likes

the starburst is the response, the machine marks are from poor machining/processing after machining.

3 Likes

Somehow i dont think that using a strip of denim to smooth the area is gonna work.

Is this only on pinks, or is this issue across other colors as well?

1 Like

The string cutters seem to be Pinks, Reds, and Blues. Haven’t seen any reports of Purples or Psychs cutting them and I have a few hours of play with each.

2 Likes

Mine is red.

1 Like

Looks to me that the polished one is the outer portion of the material, which then they cut the grooves on but the machining is not smooth enough.
Maybe smooth them out by chucking on a drill and then a little bit of sanding?

2 Likes

Thats pretty much what ive been doing, easy fix.

I just want to know where the pastel butterflies are…

2 Likes

Around Easter in the spring is their projected release date.

17 Likes

Happy Friday, fixie folks!

18 Likes

DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL: Here’s the link to request one of the pink Butterfly’s I have hoarded. Shipped in a bag. Cost is just cost, no profit for me (might take a loss actually, since I have to buy shipping bags). First come first served. I will close the survey once they are all spoken for and reach out if you submitted but missed it. Please make sure you cannot get one at YOUR Target before submitting, as I want to make sure people who actually CANNOT get one have a chance, not just you lazy sods who don’t want to drive 20 minutes.

Edit: No more shipping out!

20 Likes

Also Happy Friday!

21 Likes

This very familiar Spinworthy KNack in American Cherry

16 Likes

Gonna be a long work weekend for me, will stay entertained somehow.

18 Likes

Happy Friday everyone!

19 Likes

Early Nineties (1994) Made in the USA Translucent Blue Silver Foil Triangle Butterfly, I think this is the original cotton string as well.

@bjardin Throw Duncan !

20 Likes

I miss my early nineties butterfly. I had a translucent red one that was confiscated when i through a forward pass at the band directors head when i was in high-school.

1 Like

Happy Friday.
These three are some local made wooden yoyos that are surprisingly good, made of recycled Teak wood. Not really for the “modern” fixed axle tricks because of the narrow catch zone, but can’t stop playing.

20 Likes