Fixed Axle Friday Throws

My fixie as I wait for butterflies and woodies.

19 Likes

Happy Fixed Friday All.

21 Likes

24 Likes

Happy Friday everyone!

20 Likes

Found this new mold in my work bag - no idea how long ive had it(at least midsummer)

22 Likes

Was able to cop the last Pink in the discount bins that I over looked a couple weeks before at $3 a piece, no greens in the lot but I also picked up a blue AWHHY, and there are still a handful of red and blues left for the kidos. The Translucent Pink is definitely difficult to capture in photos, but these are just pure fun.

Throw Duncan! @bjardin

22 Likes

So, finally found the bargain bin at target, and for 3 bucks each, had to grab a bunch and try modding. I love a half swap, and figured out an easy way to separate the halfs… plus if you ever wanted the graphic on both halfs you can make it happen (the green and blue are last gen, red and blu are new mold ) put these together late last night and they still rip. Now im gonna look for more red and green for custom christmas gifts… and debating on half swapping some psychedelic and purple models, they just cost more…

14 Likes

So…what’s the easy way to separate the halves?

1 Like

Get some paracord, take the string off the yoyo and wrap the paracord around the gap a few times and pull both ends … this forces the paracord into the gap making the halfs wedge away from eachother.

14 Likes

I guess 2A Tuesday has gone on long enough…

19 Likes

Still throwin, still brewin lol
Decided to give my oak Wood Z some love lately
Happy Friday y’all!

21 Likes

I have purchased
the butterflies
that were in
the bargain bin

and which
you were probably
saving
for children

Forgive me
they were spin-licious
so fresh
from new mold

13 Likes

How you do? Lol i cant get them to budge

1 Like

Wrap the axle in paracord a few times and pull taut.

We’re you able to get the axle out of the other half? Both my axles are stuck in the blank halves but I wanted a double logo swap.

So i start with like 4 or 5 wraps, then pull the cord as tight as you can, you should get a little plastic creaking. If is still stuck wrap a few more times and pull again. Repeat till they pop off.

This is the part i haven’t figured out, pulling the axel from the second half i think is gonna be brute force, unless you sacrifice the half, by heating the axel till you can pull it easily (that does work but damages the axel seat in the half)… for 3 bucks im ok with sacrificing it.

3 Likes

I just picked up about 7 more, lol. Only 1 of 4 targets in my area had any out in the rack.

3 Likes

I’m in a metro area with plenty of Targets to investigate. This may end up being a Pokémon Go situation.

3 Likes

Modding again this evening and finding bad things… all 3 of these halfswaps from yesterday are absolutely decimating strings today, i cut through some thin string in a few throws!!! There is really bad scoring on alot of the axles in the ones i voided warranty on, and i didn’t use any tools on the axles in the string gap (my paracord method was specifically for that purpose).

So far my yellow psychedelic, purple amazon, and pink target haven’t lazer cut any strings, but damn…

4 Likes