Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Samesies. I have the Amazon purple arriving today too.

18 Likes

I going out to check Target for a pink Butterfly this afternoon. We will see?

2 Likes

Purple has arrived!

17 Likes

Mine will be delivered tomorrow

1 Like

Just throwing this painted Button a bit to make sure it performs well for @TheThrowingGnome. At just under 41g it still spins nice and long because of the weight distribution. The through-holes give it just an edge of floatiness without causing drag and help aid knot picking. I consider it my best design.

18 Likes

Stopped by my local Target store looking for the new pink Butterfly, they didn’t have them but I did pick this one up.

13 Likes

Been to 3 targets in my area, nada on the pink butterfly. Only had XTs. Still the purple rips. Also, mine is in a 2020 pakage, but its just the package. The differences are clear when you compare the yoyo. The red yoyo came in the left package 2022, the purple from the right package says 2020, but the purple is the new mold model. You can see the differences in the graphic stamping, new mold has a litte tiny edge gap/relief in the cap at the edge, even the axel face is flatter looking with a sharper edgeat the end.

16 Likes

I ended up getting the Target pink by random chance with my girlfriend about two weeks ago with no idea about the hype they’ve been garnering! She picked it up out of the impulse bins commenting on it’s beauty and asked if I wanted it. I love a gal that buys me toys! :kissing_heart:

It’s an absolute shredder and I still have the OG string after throwing it almost every day at work. These are for sure ones to grab when you can and when I get the chance I’ll hopefully be grabbing a few for the kids/patients!

7 Likes

They had this one at my local Target yesterday, but no pinks. I passed, I already have several. I guess they didn’t get the stock or it’s not out yet. I’ll check next time.

I got this one today. This is the Purple Amazon version 2022 mold in the 2020 packaging.

10 Likes

Nice, mine is en route to Canada. How do you like it? I am very excited to try it, hopefully I’m not over hyped. Lol

2 Likes

the differences are subtle looking at them, but the new mold does play a bit better if you are familiar with older ones. i mean, i’m actually able to loop with it and have been bad at looping since the 90’s ( 3 loops in a row on a good day). didn’t start practicing loops again until i got this thing and now suddenly over the past week i can loop inside and outside (string does need to be short which i figured out i was doing wrong forever and needs a lot of torsion) and alternate which is a huge step forward for me. i still throw alot of ugly loops as far as yoyo control position but i can keep it going for a while now. set up an older model the same way, but somehow it takes a little more effort to keep it looping with my current skills.

3 Likes

thre is no such thing as overhyped for these Butterfly’s. they’re incredible.

5 Likes

It’s so freaking awesome that a 70 year old yo-yo gets a little update and everyone is super excited and running to their local target! :joy:

I got The new mold purple and wow! It’s noticeably better than the older versions… if you haven’t got one, go get one… or 5! Lol

I’m a firm believer that all yoyoers need to play fixed axle. Just learning the fundamentals will improve your modern yo-yo play

10 Likes
7 Likes

291395250_6040370822644509_5139887941485567498_n

2 Likes

They arrived! Will work on getting them up along with the Danny Severance FH1 releasing!

17 Likes

So i usuay have a small batch of unopened fixies set aside for the chance occasion that i wanna go to a concert or club and not take something expensive. I restocked just before the wife and i bought our new house, end of july.

I scored these at a local grocery store it South/Central Texas called H.E.B.
After following all the hype here and not yet affording myself the chance to head to get a pink, i couldnt help but dig through a still packed box to just have a Butterfly to play.

And behold!

What a fabulous piece of treasure i already horded!

And indeed, 2020 packaging as well

18 Likes

Awesome! That’s such a great find! Enjoy!

1 Like

:cloud::dromedary_camel:
20221118_151802

30 Likes