Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I’m no stranger to playing Fixed Axle Blanks. So I had to give @jeduardo 's Zero Gravity El MiJo a go. I just got this one and so far I’ve only played it with the D bearing blank and it can get around the corners without to much push compared to the larger C-bearing blanks. At first I played it on some Kitty Owen Ekblad’s to break in the pads, then I switched to a piece of Zipline [kot-n] for more response before settling into some Yellow Slick-6 50/50 which gives a little more kick too the spin but plenty of grip for on demand response. At 57 grams it weights as much on a scale as the OG Alley Cat, but it’s hollow construction doesn’t make it feel of play that heavy and feels right in the pocket for my style. The Finger Spin Dimples and the blast finish make it one of my better pull start responsive, as this becomes a newer trend I have also been experimenting more with these style of tricks and the profile shape really helps keep the string in check. As far as 0A goes this one if very capable in the Fixed Blank set up and is very comfortable to play. So far I’m really impressed.

21 Likes