Fixed axle February, a reminder

Dang.

The post above me made me laugh. ^^

Well, if you didn’t read prior to this, I had a knot, so I cut it out with scissors and wound up cutting the axel, making it sharp. Strings lasted like 10 minutes or less, and it shot off of the yoyo and smashed into the wall.

That’s exactly what I accidentally did to my Butterfly. Luckily, it never hit anything. It just snapped when I threw down after a couple of minutes of play.

I used to do the old school shoot the moon with imperials, where you take the string off your finger and let the yoyo shoot into the air and try to catch it in your pocket. I did this in the street a bunch and STILL never shattered one.

New imperials and butterflys are made of a much more brittle plastic then ye old school.

1 Like

They don’t make 'em like they used too…Same for kids these days.

cuz you got dang darn mad SKILLZ if you do.

I can do shoot the moon, picture tricks, double or nothing, triple/nothing, grind and bind…
That is it. These people I see do some mad tricks, I think I even saw a boing-e-boing with a fixey!

I just ordered a reproduction of a 1955 Duncan Tournament yoyo, complete with an old school “comprehensive” trick book. What I really wanted was the book, but I feel compelled to try to learn the tricks on the tourney. It should be fun enough to get my $12 worth out of it :slight_smile:

I’ve spent the last few months learning tricks I never thought I’d be able to do. Right now I want to step away from that and go learn the classics. I watched a Tom Smothers performance on YouTube recently. He made something as simple as a trapeze look as smooth as anything, no matter how goofy he was being while he did it. I kinda want that for myself, though I imagine it takes years of diligent practice to achieve it.

Link? I’d love to see it.

If you look around, there are some really good videos of some old school yoyoing.

1 Like

I like this one:

I can do the 2 yoyo trick!!!

1 Like

i need a fixed axle yoyo, not a butterfly or imperial, where can i get one?

I suppose we cannot send links to other sites, so pm me please

:smiley:

I love toying around with fixed axles!

That’s what I’m talking about.

What other shapes are there?
Or are you referring specifically to the Duncan models?
???

http://www.■■■■■■■.com/images/product/medium/tmirvngwd_2_.jpg

Lexos - that’s a variation on the butterfly shape.