Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 2

Yo here’s all the tricks. I was maybe gonna practice and try to land them better but nahhhh tbh that mysto set last week kinda burned me out and imma just phone it in this week . Got the tricks tho.

23 Likes

Weak too

16 Likes

Week 2 Tricks + Bonus Trick!

21 Likes

Just a reminder to all that the YYBC has some great merch for Fixed Axle February! Funds raised from these products help the YYBC grow and do more cool stuff for the community at large!

We’ve got tees in six different colors, a limited-edition FAF pin set, holo stickers, and Butterfly Cap stickers!

10 Likes

Here is my Guest trick entry for week 2

22 Likes

My final 4.
Yo-Yo is my loved El Mijo from #ZGRT.

17 Likes

Ok, here’s what i got. Guest trick, makin the zines x2 which is pretty phoned in, and trap bro to double or nothing. I still cant be bothered to figure out zipper stalls. Using a butterfly I dyed, polished concave axle, and weight adjusted to about 53 grams. Kitty xl.

14 Likes

Totally forgot the bucket stall, but still need zipper stall for the extra raffle entry… oh well.

2 Likes

I don’t think ill figure out bucket stall before Thursday so I’m probably in a similar boat

2 Likes

All five tricks!

23 Likes

Here’s this weeks submission of all 5 tricks. If I need to reshoot any let me know.

17 Likes

I’ve barely practiced these new tricks, and time is running out! I better get moving!

6 Likes

How can you practice when you’re so busy making all these dank memes?

5 Likes

was sick during the week and couldn’t run out and grab a butterfly, and didn’t feel like ordering one so I used my sleeveless Spinstar again :expressionless:

:point_up:here’s my trick ladder tricks :point_up:

:point_down:here’s my shot for the guest trick :point_down:

22 Likes

You are going to get so used to the feel of that Spin Star that nothing else will ever capture the magic!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

FAF Week 2 was a fun one - all 5 tricks. 3 of these tricks were new for me : bucket and zipper stalls + the interrupted flip. But landing flips on the string are my jam so I threw in the interrupted kick flip too. :blush:
Edit: the hardest one for me was actually the zipper stalls, it took me almost all week to get. I don’t do the under mount much so it was hard to get the feel for it. Great to be challenged!

I did a bit more editing this week with iMovie on my phone - ‘twas fun! Thanks again everyone for another good week!

Performed on my trusty fixie-mod RBC. :blueberries:

23 Likes

Here is my clip of the 4 tricks for week 2
Had a much harder time than i thought I would, took days of trying, and multiple yoyos to get them all.
A couple of trick are kind of sketch, but I’m too tired of practicing the same 4 tricks to fix them.
I used the fixed RBC for the bucket stall.
I have a glued bearing on the way from @Xanadu. But i had already bought a replacement bearing to glue myself, i couldn’t get the shields off. So i punched them into the bearing at 4 or 5 spots per side. Worked perfectly.
Thanks again to all the sponsors and volunteers!

Ah yes, please forgive the music choices. Just choosing what was available. And trying to figure out the video editor.

21 Likes

All five this week on a DeHcade in honor of the guest challenge.

18 Likes

Hahaha, that’s one way to do it! Good solve. :+1:

3 Likes

Week 2
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3TWEyvvQi3/?igsh=MTlzMHJhYzgycWMzYQ==

13 Likes