Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 2

Here’s my entry for Week 2 including the guest trick :+1:
I put quite the description on the reel if you feel so inclined to read it. I didn’t want to fill the thread with a wall of text :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Here’s my week 2 entry of all 4 tricks but not sure if my zipper stalls count as I started with the forward trapeze rather than the undermount.

19 Likes

8 Likes

Here’s the guest trick for week 2.

10 Likes

My video for week 2. I couldn’t land the bucket stall no matter how much I tried but it’s one I’ll keeping working on. Stoked I landed the Interrupted Breakaway Finger Flip though!

19 Likes

Still got about a day and a half to get that bucket stall. You can do it!!!

3 Likes

Competition Entry - Week 2

All 5 tricks - 4 basic, 1 epic and a bonus combo on the end. 2or0 is so bad but I’m not refilming it today

14 Likes

I hate to say it, but I think you may be doing Makin Da Zines incorrectly. It looks like when you pop it off of the trapeze the yoyo is dropping to the outside of your non throw hand and then coming back up on the outside of your non throw hand.

It can be awkward at first, but the yoyo needs to pop off of the trapeze, unravel on the outside of your hand, and then pop back up on the inside of your hand. Here’s a close up since I’m sure that’s super confusing to read.

7 Likes

@Nic_from_Adelaide’s entry? IMHO that’s just a stylistic choice. I vote it’s a valid Makin’ da Zines.

4 Likes

I would usually always agree with stylistic choices, and I still think we should count it, but without the inside hand pop up there is no whip like regen happening so you are essentially just throwing the yoyo in and out of a trapeze. Still takes control though. Just a heads up in case Nic wants to learn the OG way. No biggie though.

Here is another great video of it in action:

6 Likes

Nice vids everyone!

Today is your last day to get in submissions for Week 2. Raffle entries close at 12:01AM PST. 18 hours to go!

6 Likes

Yay I made it this week!

22 Likes

Woah, Big yoyo!

Tricks are looking good with that one! :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

My entry this week.
All tricks.

12 Likes

Either that’s a huge yoyo, or the good dude who designed the Gnomad logo is an actual gnome.
I choose to believe the latter. :laughing:

5 Likes

What the heck is that thing?!?!!? What!!??!?! I want one!

2 Likes

An experiment that’s a little too big and a little too heavy. It’s a 1 of 1 and weighs well over 100gr… 10mm axle 3mm gap iirc. :sweat_smile:
Uses snake bite string if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

It looks like it’d be fun… for a minute, until your shoulder and elbow start burning. Haha

2 Likes

I am considering to commission a smaller one, slichtly smallen. This has a 10cm diameter and I suspect 9 or 8 should do the trick.

3 Likes

Yep hence, a lighter version might be more… consumer friendly :sweat_smile:

2 Likes