Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 2

I should have asked last week. Is there a post with all the links and tags you would like me to copy and paste into my youtube video descriptions?

I might have skimmed past all this last week, but I just noticed @Overtinkering above has a much more professional looking description.

Cheers

2 Likes

Love your video!

4 Likes

Thanks! This is the first time I’ve participated in something like this and it’s been a lot of fun.

I added the blooper at the end of Week1 because it was too funny to me not to share. This week’s made me laugh pretty hard as well, so now it’s a thing I think. I imagine with two more weeks and me not being super strong with fixed axle, there will be plenty more to choose from in the future also, haha!

6 Likes

Honestly didn’t really come up with all that boomer and all that but I guess I’ll give it a crack. Feel free to toss suggestions in or ideas we love participation and if there’s a good suggestion we will gladly try and adjust to make it work.

I think @Overtinkering came up with a few hashtags #yybc, #faf2024, #fixedaxleFebruary, fixedaxlefebruary2024, #yoyoboomerclub

You’re all welcome to @boomeryoyoclub on instagram or @yoyoboomerclub on YouTube.

And sharing the boomer yoyo club linktree will get folks directed toward anything related to FAF this year YoYo Boomer Club | Instagram, Facebook | Linktree

On that note if you all have any suggestions for how we can do better don’t hesitate to let us know.

5 Likes

Maybe in the YouTube videos that we break up into separate tutorials we put “(Fixed Axle Yoyo Tutorial)” in the title. That way we get some good keywords for YouTube searches. I’m sure just “Yoyo tutorial” is a big one.

3 Likes

Hi,
I have a quick question for the contest judges.
For the guest trick, is there a minimum rotation the yoyo needs to turn before landing on the trapeze?
I have landed it with as little as 180 degrees of rotation, and as much as 540. No 720 yet though. :grin:
Just curious if say a minimum of 360 is required?

Thanks so much for organizing this event. It’s great to have a challenge through the dark winter here.

1 Like

From the man himself.

5 Likes

I mean I can’t argue with Ed lol

3 Likes

Moin everyone, here are my four tricks for this week and special. It’s really a lot of fun with you even if it doesn’t seem like it.:rofl:

16 Likes

I like your throw. Looks fun!

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks very much.
I will continue to practice.
Cheers

2 Likes

As far as this goes, I say with complete honesty that I’m astounded by how well laid out and organized all of this turned out and most especially on such short notice. You have all already made this whole thing so much more than I imagined it would be. I guess if you gave everybody some free gold that would make it better, but beyond that I can’t think of anything.

7 Likes

I believe some of the prizes that will be won are more precious than gold… and they are free to the winner…

4 Likes

I mean if I had hand out free gold kind of money I would be bumping up the production quality but alas what you see is what you get and no one’s getting gold.

3 Likes

There was a conversation about Double or nothing and some different ways to enter it. This is the way to do it when you are in no rush and your yoyo doesn’t sleep.

EDIT: Here’s the link. Embed doesn’t work for some reason.

1 Like

It’s totally fine to hook or pinch the string on the bro side to do the same thing.

2 Likes

i guess, but that arm twist is crucial to be a double or nothing. And I found that out today :joy:

Here’s a very quick vid of the same thing with just hooking my finger around the string.

7 Likes

I enjoyed those variations!

Here’s me messing around with the double or nothing, kind of feels handcuffed.

9 Likes

The insta-double or nothing is great! I feel like I’m doing it wrong every time I do it but I always wind up in the right place.

3 Likes