Fixed Axle February 2021

It’s a cocktails and throwing wood by candlelight evening. Hope y’all are staying warm out there

13 Likes

18 Likes

What do you think of the Limbo?

2 Likes

It’s not great but sweet yoyo, comfortable in hand. It comes with d bearing konkave but i use it semi responsive

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on this???

2 Likes

Was it semi-responsive out of the envelope in the imperial configuration?
Mine is, like, completely unresponsive in either configuration.
I’m thinking of swapping in a lubed flat D bearing to see what happens.

1 Like

Yes i lubed mine

1 Like

I need more time to spend witn Limbo ,i see big potential for tuning it for myself

2 Likes

I’m having carpal and cubital tunnel surgery on my right arm today, so my Fixed Axle February will likely end prematurely.

I had a blast, got some great fixies, and worked my way from Makin da Zines to Zipper Stalls via Dumptrucks.

I don’t have any intention of going back to 1A for a while. 0A just holds my interest longer, mainly because I like short tricks.

Wish me luck, I’m going in!

14 Likes

Good Luck David! Sending you love and light right now!

4 Likes

Thanks, mate!

3 Likes

Good Luck Brother in Yo!

On the plus side, you can more often get the yoyo back to your hand, so fewer rewinds!

4 Likes

May you have a speedy recovery!!!

4 Likes

Good Luck!
I hope the surgery goes well!

4 Likes

Positive vibes!!!

2 Likes

The surgery went well. The doctor said that I may resume throwing in a day or two! Bonus Fixed Axle February time!!!

10 Likes

Coffee and SpinWorthy.

13 Likes

As seen on Fixed Axle Friday Throws here is a pic of my broken in through play Legend Wing Response #ResponseCheck

8 Likes

@ChrisFrancz asked “Does anyone know how long the axles last with moderate play?” Well the answer for me is very similar to the Tootsie Pop Owl, One, Two, Three licks too many to the tile floor. I did get this @DocPop Legend Wing back in June of 2019, so it had a good run. I also just started to lengthen my strings for some more 1A style play and recently been snapping my strings just below the finger knot from throwing back to back heat at it. I did however get a video clip of a Magic Drop/ Shockwave fly away dismount. So now I have an excuse to get another fresh one. Wood is all good :+1:

10 Likes

Bummer dude! Wonder if you could drill holes and install a new axle?

3 Likes