Fixed Axle Friday Throws

One side is rough. One side is #extra-rough

9 Likes

You all are about to push me over the edge to (finally) get one of those Doc Pop LWs. @TheThrowingGnome @Exmime , what weights are yours?

5 Likes

No scale here, but it’s light. Mid to high 40’s I’d say.

3 Likes

Mine is 44g, now that I’m so use to it, I don’t notice the weight of it anymore and enjoy trying to push the limits.

Fresh LW are always snappy and crispy, I always appreciate how they play on that first string.

8 Likes

Friday!!!

17 Likes

After my Legend Wing broke I’ve reverted back to my comfort fixie, my Hildy Brothers all maple Currier. Yes, this is the same YoYo in my YYEF avatar pic. 54 grams of pure 0A responsiveness, plays consistently slow and soft.

18 Likes

One of my homemades and a TMBR Moxon

16 Likes

Happy Friday yall! Finally got my hands on a Knack and wow this thing does not disappoint. Big thanks to @djinni_cake for the sweet hookup

16 Likes

Oh Snap!

This was going to be my FAFT! :cry:

It was in my pants pocket, and I stepped on it.

I know durability was one reason @Glenacius_K went to the larger axle. This probably wouldn’t have happened if this had one. However, I just like the way these play better. Not even sure he went with the smaller axle for the Harbinger? This one was beginning to be loved as much as my first Hickory Ballsy.

I glued it back together. I know it won’t last, but I’m hoping it will long enough to record my Cold Fusion Remix, and my 10 rep Boingy Boing.

Edit: Composed this this morning and forgot to send. I was able to hit the 10 boings, and will post it up soon!

9 Likes

Oh… Poop nuggets…

3 Likes

Look what I did with it after gluing it back together!

8 Likes

That was great!!

4 Likes

That you can get THAT much spin time, to me, is phenomenal!!!

4 Likes

After mine came apart I could never get it to stay glued. It was amazing out of the box! Still appreciate Glenn’s work!!

2 Likes

Do you mean came unglued? I know Glen went through a lot of different glues in the beginning trying to find something that wouldn’t fail. He can answer, but pretty sure he ended up with epoxy as the choice. I think the larger axle also helps.

I seem to have had good luck with Maximum Bond Krazy Clue, and Gorilla Glue’s version of CA.

2 Likes

I love the shape of these!

3 Likes

I was using the absolute best wood glue I could source and tried all sorts of methods to get them to stay together. Most did, but many fell apart unfortunately.

I now only use epoxy and have not heard any complaints of them coming apart since.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a pretty early model Harbinger you have there. Those had a 1/4" walnut axle. The 1/4" axle paired with the largish diameter gave that model a pretty long spin time.

I later went with the 8mm diameter axles to increase the durability so that kids wouldn’t break them as easily, but also, it helped make response more reliable.

The new Harbinger I posted a little while ago with the 63mm diameter still has an 8mm axle and it has even more spin time than the earlier 1/4" axle Harbingers.

13 Likes

What’s that made of?

1 Like

It’s made of oregon. It’s usually used in construction. It’s quite difficult to work with on a fine detail level because it splinters so much.

3 Likes