Fixed Axle February 2021

Never ending stall. Kick flip, varials, stall hack. Land a stall, then carefully keep the string in place and wrap a rubber band around the string and axle so that the string stays in place as a stall. Now you can focus on your trick not the stall.

11 Likes

PSA

There’s a trick a week tread here on the forums that’s put together by @twitch77 and @MoonageMin (&friends😉)
For February the TaW gang has opted for some fixie fun. We’ll be doing some essentials as well as featuring the Legend @edhaponik .
This week we’re on 0a zippers, as picked by @AKYOYOMIKE . Jump in and learn with us!

8 Likes

On my new Thursday commute.

12 Likes

Morningwood

11 Likes

16 Likes

Some Kendama inspired Dead Whips on my trusty YYF Legend Wing to Engineer Windups.

12 Likes

16125296638585224218047237694108|375x500

Ah come on now…

4 Likes

Bummer! :cry: RIP

2 Likes

Witchcraft. Amazing! That is awesome!!!

4 Likes

Carlson CS with my neighbors bird sculpture!

10 Likes

Exploring some Tower possibilities with the 2014 eH this Friday.

10 Likes

Snowy Knack

12 Likes

Ok guys, I need to know. Is using a TK Sleep Machine for FAF cheating? I need to know before I violate my contract.

6 Likes

My stance on the matter is that it’s not cheating if you crank the response so that the gap is so tight that the yoyo performs like a fixie.
Case in point, I just got an a-rt Peon and I coated the sides of a half spec bearing in chapstick and put that in there. It responds with the smallest flinch now, and I’m allowing it.

3 Likes

lol, well I bought yours and haven’t changed a thing with it. I probably wouldn’t STM with it (though im not good at that trick with any yoyo yet), but id consider it a #1 contender for spirit bomb if I could ever land the damn thing again. Im kind of thinking it is a bit of a crutch with spin time (less finesse required), so ill take it as a foul to have played with it rather than straight up disqualification.

3 Likes

I tweaked the response as tight as I could get it and have the yoyo still sleep, so I think you should be fine. The Sleep Machine is great for modern responsive in my opinion.

2 Likes

Honestly I find the response so good right now that I don’t want to take it apart. But it does seem a touch cheating… idk, maybe ill throw it when im drunk to make things easier, but play on true fixies. At least for February.

1 Like

Like it’s not a fixed axle so it’s definitely “cheating”… but cheating WHOM? If you’re playing it the way you’d play a fixie anyway, I mean nobody’s keeping score or gatekeeping. Hard to cheat if there’s no possibility to f victory or advantage.

11 Likes

Yep, cheating. I guess not in the same way as the Weekender or the Ti-SB or the Daytona, but after playing with it for an hour or two, I was like, ‘this might be cheating’. So I guess cheating me? Last year I took the FAF challenge, and almost made it until May before I decided to start throwing fully unresponsive again (almost had to force it). I think im gonna save this yoyo for after ive lasted the whole month on just a string sliding against an axle and truly unlock how revolutionary this yoyo probably was when it was released.

Im gonna play with just my Butterfly for the rest of the weekend to atone for my sins :laughing:

5 Likes

9 Likes