Fixed Axle February 2021

Funny you mention the Sleep Machine I recently acquired one and a Roller Woody both in natural. They seem to spin and respond great especially after I added some turbo disk in. My only issue is while they give a solid 30ish seconds of spin they always seem to lose speed quickly after I land them on the string. Is this something any of yall that have played with the SM or RW have experienced?

1 Like

Notice how the motion is different between the 2 Dump Truck versions . Ed keeps his finger pointed forward and curls in front of his NTH forearm, and Drew curls back over his NTH Forearm.

Learn it both ways!

6 Likes

I’d say cheating! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s not responsive February… I’m not sure who’s policing, though!

Have you lubed the bearing? If the bearing is dry, you can get it to respond well, but the gap needs to be too small for string layers. If you lube the bearing, you can open up the gap, and still get good response. You’ll need to tweek it until you find the sweet spot.

1 Like

Yeah Drew’s is obviously the original and I like it that way too. Mine is maybe a little easier but not as stylish.

5 Likes

They are both cool!

3 Likes

@DocPop just dropped a maintenance video

3 Likes

9 Likes

SpinWorthy KNack in beech is my EDC.

10 Likes

I’m a few shy of a diff fixed for every day but I’ll try…

10 Likes

:open_mouth::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Nice…

1 Like

0A 2A Today on Tuesday

11 Likes

Today’s companion…

11 Likes

My only fixie at the moment, though I can tell there will be more lol. This is too fun! TMBR Turner in raw maple with walnut axle.

12 Likes

The Turner is so good!

4 Likes

While I wait for my Spinworthy Bloodcell in Spectraply to arrive, I’m tossing the PockeHts around.

13 Likes

So im finally getting the feel for dump trucks. I swear that half flip to dismount is harder than a kickflip, but i landed about 8 of them today. Nothing ignites my passion for yoyo more than nailing dope fixie tricks.

10 Likes

Dumptrucks are kinda the trick of the moment in fixieland, I’m noticing. I’m working on that trick, and I’ve seen about 4 other people post that they’re working on it too. I’m having a blast seeing how many I can land in a row.

6 Likes

I kind of got the basics down + kickflips down, stayed at that level for a while, learned a few things on my own, and now was looking for something challenging. Kinda funny how others are thinking the same I guess. It seems like just that trick to be able to change the spin direction and amplify my game. Seems like a more advanced basic 0A trick that can really change your play and I want to get it down.

4 Likes

Yeah Dump Trucks are awesome, took me while to figure them out as I was tying to do them the @drewtetz way, which is still way harder to do. My Bro-Dumps are finally coming along, I have found pitching them to the front helps me. Once you get into Double or Nothing Dumps then you’re in Mystics territory.

7 Likes

My noobish string length says hell no. But I already know by doing double or nothing Kwyj’s that it’s just more of the same but tighter windows. I feel bad for these guys who have nailed all the angles and other stuff.

4 Likes