First time Custom Yoyo String

You’re lucky, I the nearest Joann’s for me is like 30 miles away. ::slight_smile:

Keep experimenting with different thread companies, I use the thread “Toldi-Lock by Gutermann”, the spools themselves are grey and there is 2734 yards in one spool. I have found these strings are the best in terms of overall play. And in most threads of yoyo string selling, where they show the color options, I see they use the same thread. Also, if you ever need to buy tons and tons of spools, Joann’s usually have a 50% off thread sale in April…it saved me over $100 last spring. :wink:

Also, some thread types/tips:

Bulky nylon is soft, thick, has excellent binds, and is great for whips.
Rayon and Triobal polyester is thin and whippy, but painful on the hands and slippy binds.
Silk is interesting, kinda similar to cotton…I’ve made rough and soft strings from it, still experimenting cautiously…silk is ridiculously expensive.
Dual Duty polyester (small spools) is whippy and has decent binds, but slightly rough. The nice thing is that there is tons of bright/neon colors and even color blends.
Just a tip, adding single threads of whippy thread to other soft threads in a yoyo string made a soft string that is excellent with whips.

Hope that helped. :slight_smile: