Favorite YYF that went under the radar/just favorite YYFs too

I was just thinking about how weird it is that some YYFs people get really hype about and others just kind of come and go, even if they were great yo-yos

What are some of your favorite YYFs that didn’t see as much love as the super popular yo-yos/yo-yo lines?

Personally I really like the Marco and Meerkat but they didn’t seem to catch a lot of people’s attention.

13 Likes

Edgeless. Had a lot of hype and praise when it firet came out and then it kinda fell out of favor. Its my favorite “new” organic since like 2016

11 Likes

How about the space cadet. I know its an older throw but I like it.

9 Likes

I really want a JonRob edition space cowboy

5 Likes

metal replay pro

5 Likes

Aviator 2 was so good for 5a, one of my only throws I regret letting go but it went to a cool dude

4 Likes
  • Space Cadet
  • Space Cowboy
  • Bi-metal Superstar
  • ND
5 Likes

The best aluminum yoyo ever made for performance and weight distribution was inexplicably killed before being born.
I’m talking about the Turntable!!!
Whoever owns one knows what I’m talking about.
Delighted to have mine, an ungraved pre-production

5 Likes

The MVP3.

8 Likes

I have to say the Confusion, just one run and it sold out quick in 2018. Then they hyped the Confusion GT a month or so later and it was a dud with a bunch of dead stock to this day. The Edgeless at least got a couple separate runs after the initial 1st run sell out. The Bind is also a sleeper that is a great modern player and still available.

9 Likes

the Bimetal Superstar is a really awesome yoyo, but it feels like not a ton of people own one.

3 Likes

Roll Model.

8 Likes

The mini Avant Garde was great as well, it was a small release, but it was a really great yoyo I though.

5 Likes

The Boost never got enough love. Really good design.

9 Likes
  • Aviator 2 was so underrated that now it is famous for being underrated. An amazing yoyo.

• Bimetal Superstar was awesome. Still don’t know why that one just fell off the radar of like the whole community.

• Space Cadet. Same thing as above.

• MVP3. An amazing feat of conceptual design. I’ve never felt a mono that feels as powerful as the MVP3. Wish it had a longer axle, that’s my only complaint.

I own all of this yoyos listed above, and I would own multiple of them.

13 Likes

The Marco actually got pretty huge in the community. Almost all the aspiring young competitive players on IG have a Marco.

8 Likes

I saw people competing with it at the last contest I attended. (IL states)

3 Likes

IL states 2019? I was there!

3 Likes

The paolista, I love V shape and rim weight yoyos. Love this yoyo, no one ever talks about it though

5 Likes

Bumping this for more responses. I’ve already been a fan despite my constant issues of quality control because of how much YYF has done to push yoyoing and yo-yo design forward. But I’ve gained an additional newfound respect for how YYF and its players keep their heads down and focus on their products and promotion and don’t get involved in community drama.

Feel free to just list your favorites and not just under the radar stuff now.

2 Likes