Favorite Titanium?

Tundra is the best I’ve tried out of 6 or so I own

3 Likes

Did anyone even mention the OD Sovereign? its almost like a titanium hat trick

4 Likes

It is strange that the Sovereign isn’t mentioned much here, as they always go VERY quick when they come up for sale in buy/sale/trade areas.

2 Likes

In a post not too long ago; I mentioned that when I make a personal performance opinion that it is only based on yoyos I own or have at least thrown for awhile.

Personally; I never mention the Sovereign because I have touched, owned or thrown one.

I remember way back when they were first released. I remember not being sure I wanted that sort of shape at the time.

By the time I came around(fully aware that One Drop never made a bad yoyo) they were hard to find. And the people that were willing to sell them; were holding$ them ho$tage and asking a grip for them.

Then… just when I had a chance to finally get one; I heard they were coming out with an upgrade model.

By that time; my focus was somewhere else for assorted reasons. And I never got either one.

At least that is why I never mention it. < no experience with it😳

4 Likes

I always felt they were a little over-hyped. I’ve owned a couple from both runs (correct me if I’m wrong but I believe there were only two runs - a numbered and unnumbered run) and the design always felt dated to me. Still a nice yoyo, but the design was rather meh.

7 Likes

About the time I snagged mine the Aurora came out and pretty much trumped the sovereign for me. Still have one, but don’t play it much.

For me I’ve loved the feel and ‘ting’ of the Titanium. many other shapes and weights and metals are amazing, but I am pulled towards titanium. It feels more ‘alive’ to me.

3 Likes

Sovereign and my B.S.P. I’m taking them to the grave.
Ok I traded the B.S.P. To Deth.
He traded his back in the day for the laptop used to edit all the Savedeth videos. I offered it to him for free but he insisted on a great offer. So final word, no B.S.P. To the grave. Thank you For your support!

4 Likes

Which one is the Aurora?

2 Likes

Aurora Info here

2 Likes

I hated that throw. I traded it for a box of cards and magic. Only throw i regret buying.

2 Likes

I’d probably display it more than play with it to be completely honest.

2 Likes

Why’s that? I have a Helix and Quantum so I’ve always been intrigued by an Aurora, but have never seen one pop up for sale (at a time when I could afford it anyways lol).

2 Likes

I just looked at the specs of the TiDream. 5mm gap! How does anyone bind that thing? Using halyard rigging line for string?

3 Likes

Perfect specs for me! lol I like really thick string for tech and just generally.

3 Likes

I’ve never had any problems with it. I use normal Kitty string. Plays like a dream. :wink:

3 Likes

It just felt cheep in my hand like it was made out of Chinese aluminum. Nice big box with lots of foam, I sent it to some kid in Texas for a 200 dollar deck of gold Arcanes and a bunch of magic. Still haven’t opened that deck yet.

2 Likes

That’s concerning, a titanium yoyo should not feel that way.

2 Likes

I got it from Sonny and he didn’t like it either.

2 Likes

Not to start a bash train but I too bought an Aurora new. Didn’t like it at all. It was just a very “nothing special” yoyo.

4 Likes

The HSPIN Lily “G&E 4” came with a 5 mm gap. I coudn’t bind it either. I swapped it for a bearing that gave me a 4 mm gap. Much better. A later version by Save Deth came with a 4 mm gap as well.

4 Likes