Best Ti?

Just wondering what you guys like the best! There are a lot of Ti throws out now, and they are all pretty slick! What do you like the best?

Please only vote if you have played more than 1 of these listed! I want it to be as fair as possible!

I’ve only played the citizen, ti dream, and dazzler. Favorite is citizen, followed closely by ti dream, and the dazzler is really just an expensive paperweight imo. Really not worth the $650 price tag or whatever it retailed for.

I’ve only tried the TiWalker, Dream, and TiPhiter 1. It’s tough to compare the TiPhiter to the rest, due to its age and organic shape. The TiWalker is in a class of its own.

Catch-22 shouldn’t be on the list…it’s a bi-metal

The only problem with this poll is very few people have actually played with a majority of the TIs out there and could give us an informed opinion.

For me, I could say the dream is probably a better all around throw than the TI5, but I couldn’t say it’s the best since I haven’t tried the rest

I think the result of this poll will never be accurate. Votes will be coming from people who haven’t tried them all, borrowed one for a minute at a contest, or just voting for what they think they might like. I haven’t tried them all either, but the majority on the poll, so I might as well weigh in on this too.

The Dream is the best one I’ve played, out of the ones that I have. I would rank what I have in this order:

1. Dream (solid, stable, fast, perfect finish on the brushed, blue is gorgeous, price was phenomenal).
  2. Ricochet (best undersized I’ve ever played, if they make a brushed version, I’ll faint).
  3. 9.06
  4. CiTizen
  5. Hyperion
  6. Evora
  7. Sovereign
  8. Ti5
  9. Dazzler

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5688/21452416428_69ebedb7ea_z.jpgTitaniumFamily by Total Artist, on Flickr

OMG! :o I met Gentry at NER, and he said he was honored to test my #4 Dream. He remembered! I almost passed out. He was so cool! I was star struck. ;D

Why is the dazzler so low on the list? I’ve never played one, and will probably never have the privilege to, so I’m just wondering why other TIs outplay it. I’ve heard that the dazzer isn’t worth it before, I would like to hear some specifics.

I disagree with the comment above, that it’s an “expensive paperweight.” That’s not true, because it is a fully functional yo-yo. So, it’s much more than that. Any comments about Dazzler have to be put in the proper context. Usually, it is being compared to other great titanium designs, it has the YYR brand tag, and it is one of the most expensive titanium models to date. So, you may see bad reviews to start with, for those reasons. That’s just a lot to overcome.

And, my opinion is based on my own preferences. Dazzler just seems to have a lot of features that I do not prefer. It seems like the gap is too small, it’s too light, it’s not stable enough, and it is just the worst looking of the bunch too. If it at least looked great, it would stand out in the collection for that reason. I’d rather play most of my aluminum yo-yos than play the Dazzler. I have no complaints about owning it, which is why I haven’t sold it. I saw the specs before I bought it, and I also saw what it looked like. It’s still a collector and it’s still in the titanium family, so it has a place among the rest. But, Dazzler fits my preferences the least of the bunch from a player perspective. The collector in me still sees great value in it though.

^^^ I agree TA. In another

I agree TA. On another note, I’ve only played half of these Ti’s. I love the way the Dazzler feels. The presence on the string and the performance. I find it to be really stable, agile, and long spinning. I personally don’t have many preferences at all, but it really seems to fit my play style. I also played an FG Dazzler, and it is the same way; but actually grindable and very smooth :smiley: I also own a Dream and a Richochet; I love both of them too ;D

I’d love to try a 7th Heaven, let alone own one 8) But, overall everyone has preferences. Each to their own, I guess :wink:

I love my Ti Dream. Just amazing.

I’ve played the Anglam Zero, Seventh Heaven, and the Ti Dream.
My favourite of the bunch was the Zero (insane stability, power, and spin time), followed closely by the Seventh Heaven. I wouldn’t say that I disliked the Dream, it just didn’t fit my style.

I will bring a Dazzler to Nats… If any of you guys make it there just hit me up and you can give it a spin so you will get a clearer view that it sure isnt a paperweight, lol.

And I will bring a Hyperion too… Which for some odd reason didn’t make the list.

1 Like

I’ve owned or extensively played each option and would rank the Ti Walker as my #1. #2 would be the titanium Pulsefire, but this has not had a production release. I haven’t been overly impressed with any other Ti effort.

the IYoYo/ILYY TiGER will be the best…

no just kidding, i have played none of them so far and, did not vote. TiGER was the only one available for me. waiting furiously.

I probably should have clarified, but I didn’t mean that it isn’t functional at all, but for its price there are tons of better throws so it really is best as a collector piece imo.

I’ve only owned a Dream and Ricochet, but have tried tons. This is my list.

#1 Citizen
#2 Dream
#3 Ti-Walker
#4 Mixtape
#5 Evora
#6 Dazzler
#7 Ricochet
#8 BSP

I voted for the tiwalker. I absolutely LOVE the citizen, but the tiwalker is probably the best Yoyo I have ever played. I have played most of these on the list, and would rank as such

Tiwalker
Citizen
Dream
Evora
Dazzler
Sovereign
BSP (most character though…and best to spark :P)

I would agree the dazzler is fine, but VERY over priced.

Killbuck, you are right about the catch 22…oops hah! Haven’t thrown one either lol.

Total artist, I did try to make it as fair as possible where people could at least compare 2-3 they have thrown…still gives a decent viewpoint…and availability would be a big part of this too, especially being ti…but definitely not a perfect list :slight_smile:

I have thrown and reviewed every titanium mentioned on the list except the Dazzler.

My favorites are a dead heat tie between the Evora and the CiTIzen. Both are absolutely amazing for completely different reasons.

Personal favorite for me would be the tirade. I just like undersized and prefer the feature of it over the ricochet and sovereign.

I have most on the list and I hate to admit that the Dream is probably my favourite, followed by either the Dazzler or the Evora. For a long time, the Dazzler was one of my favourite throws. Ultimately the Dream is just glorious. The Evora wins big points for its aesthetics, and it’s still an 8.5/10 play-wise.

Citizen is a little disappointing, but by that I mean it’s still an 8/10. Still great, just not the most amazing thing I’ve ever played. The Aurora (which sadly wasn’t in the list!) is probably also an 8/10, but it’s quite old now; a refreshed version could be KILLER. The Sovereign hasn’t aged that well either, though it’s still damn solid and pure class.

Never thrown a TiWalker, sadly =(