Best Ti?

I have 6 titanium throws, and they fall into this order for me:

1. Evora, purple glass dust
  2. Sovereign
  3. Citizen
  4. Ti5
  5. Raw Dream
  6. Blue Dream

The purple glass dust Evora is simply put, amazing. It looks great, feels great, sounds great, and plays great. Mr. Pang knocked it out of the park with the design in every aspect. I really can’t put into words how much I like this yoyo without rambling on forever; it’s just that good in my opinion.

The Sovereign is ranked higher for me than most other people. But that’s because it pretty much nails my personal preferences. I like cleanly designed, undersized organics. The Sovereign takes this a step further by having ridiculous rim weighting, thanks to the abilities of titanium as a material. It’s probably the “worst” performing Titanium I have, but that’s not why I like it. It’s an extremely fun throw for me, and it’s extremely pocketable so it’s perfect to take everywhere. It was also my first titanium, so it holds more sentimental value than any of the others.

The Citizen earns its spot by being extremely refined. It has a presence on the string that’s hard for me to put my finger on. It isn’t flashy, it just laces up its boots and gets the job done with cold efficiency. Pulling off my best tricks with it feels like perfectly clipping the apex of a sweeping corner in my car and hammering the throttle down, exiting the corner feeling in complete control at a high rate of speed. Refined power is how I best describe it.

The Ti5 feels like a fighter jet. Extremely nimble, lightning fast, and looks that can kill. It doesn’t have as good of spin time as my other titaniums, but it’s pretty stellar in every other category. The only nitpick that I have is that it doesn’t like playing slow and relaxed, it lives to devour fast paced bangers.

And lastly, the Titanium Dreams. They’re more of a “last but not least” though, because they’re still really great. They just have the least character out of the ones I own. They’re all bite, no bark; pure performance monsters. If I were to compete with any of my titanium throws, the brushed Dream would be my pick. They’re very fast, extremely stable, long spinning, and generally a quintessential “competition” design. I’m not a huge fan of the blue finish for actually playing with it, but I do like how it looks more than the brushed; plus, it’s my numbered version, and 007 is an awesome number.

1 Like

The evora is surely the best i have ever tried…it just seems to flow

1 Like

Hey TA, this question is more geared towards you but anyone else can answer. You said the Ricochet was the best undersized yoyo youve played. I was debating picking up a gnarwhal 2 because its undersized and a little organic. But would you recommend the ricochet over it?

I have owned/played all of these except for the Catch-22 and the BSP.

1. Ti Walker
  2. Raw Dream Ti
  3. Dazzler
  4. Evora
  5. Ti5
  6. Blue Dream
  7. CiTizen
  8. Sovereign
  9. ricochet

I easily noticed that nobody even put the Oxy Hyperion on their list.

I am not saying it should make everybody’s list.

I’m not suggesting where it should place on a list of Ti Yoyos.

My 3 questions to anybody in this thread are simple: Do you have a Hyperion? Have you tried an Oxy Hyperion? If your answer is yes to either or both of the preceding questions, what reason(s) would it not even make the list?

Personally I think the Ti-Walker is still the Ti benchmark. It is just amazing the me.

The Oxy Hyperion is a seriously good Titanium yoyo and my being the only one even mentioning it, is most interesting.

1 Like

^ Then why not mention the Oxy Ti or the Oxy Ti 2011 or the Oxy Ti 9.06 or the NSco Aurora

Exactly, why not? :slight_smile:

Well first of all I was asking about a specific yoyo. I never said there weren’t others that could have or should have been mentioned. The poll does list a spot for ‘other/please specify’ option. Since the list of Ti Yoyos are mostly recent Ti entries(with a few exceptions) I thought the Hyperion would be stated as a choice.

Carlo the producer of all his own Ti Yoyos, states very clearly that the Hyperion is the Best yoyo he has ever made. Since I believe he knows what he is talking about, why should I bring up other Oxy models several years old that very few of you guys have prolly never even touched?

You can add in any Ti Yoyos you can think of. But that has nothing to do with my specific question about the Hyperion.

Why do you bother answering a question with a question?

1 Like

Sorry about the late response. I’m catching up on the board, and just saw your post. I’d consider the Gharwhal 2 more mid-sized. Ricochet is a smaller throw. I’m a fan of Gnarwhal 2, but Richochet is smaller, more solid, and more durable too. It’s a true undersized throw.

You mean like you just did? :slight_smile:
-And to leave you with a statement rather than an interrogative-
I personally didn’t like the Hyperion when I tried it because of the undercut.

You are incorrect. I didn’t answer a question with a question. I responded to your question with a statement. I then finished my response with a question.

1 Like

Awesome…way to go.