Favorite Titanium?

What does a 5mm gap feel like?

2 Likes

It feels about 1mm wider than a 4mm.

Most interesting to me is that I measure stuff all day long. And that is just at work. For the 20+ years I’ve been messing with yo-yos; I usually end up measuring something every day or so.
That being said; I never deliberately measured the gap on a Ti Dream. I have several of them. I’ve thrown all of them. I never noticed any slipping issues?

Most interesting indeed.

Especially considering that if you have a slipping problem; you should notice it on the throw down and on the return.

7 Likes

Just like Doc said. They don’t slip due to their 5mm gap.

6 Likes

Interesting comments about the Aurora. ‘Nothing special’

It sure is nice when a new yoyo arrives or say you pick up one that you haven’t thrown in a while and really feel ‘something special’.

Evidently that ‘special’ is going to be different for everyone. So maybe the info should be spins forever, very stable, very light - I don’t know. Love the look maybe.

7 Likes

I recently snagged the Octavia BST and at first few throws was not that fond of it seemingly didn’t have the spin power and stability (help) that I need due to my lack of ability. After playing it a while I became very fond of it. I don’t feel it spins as long as I like, but does play well after all.

Sometimes ‘different’ throws can help your styles or abilities by pushing them in a different direction.

5 Likes

The only Titanium I have ever tried is the O Ting. Does that count?

5 Likes

Well, if it’s your favourite…

4 Likes

Ti-Vayder?!

4 Likes

Just got another Ricochet this time#83 it’s plain but a really nice throw. Just had to move the axle just a skoosh. Not my favorite but affordable for the record I got it in a trade. And for those whom don’t know I’ve started a Chinese case. Thanks for your support.

12 Likes

:scream: no way?!

7 Likes

TiShee :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Me too, me too…

2 Likes

I’ve only ever had a Vosun TiMe because it’s relatively cheap. lol. Checked off titanium from my collection wants. :wink:

I don’t mean to thread jack, but I’m not sure this question is worthy of its own thread when we’ve got a good titanium conversation already happening.

Which titanium do you feel best represents the qualities and capabilities of titanium? It doesn’t necessarily have to be your favorite, just the yoyo that you think takes advantage of the material the best. To tie this back into the topic - is that yoyo your favorite titanium or nah? :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Absinthe!!!

6 Likes

AMS tundra, TiHawk are some of my favorites

6 Likes

Have not put this thing down since I got it.

This is also my least favorite too, because it’s the only titanium I have tried.

14 Likes

Ti-spaceship.

10 Likes

Out of all my titanium throws, I would have to say;

1. Ti-Vayder
  2. Ti-Float
    (To be fair, I only have those two)
  3. 000
    (Don’t own one, oh how I would love a 000!)
9 Likes

Eventually all yo-yos will be Titanium.

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!!@1!one

8 Likes

I will eventually own a Vayder.

6 Likes