Duncan YoYos reccomendation

The Freehand Mini is a awesome choice if you want a pocket design. It is a perfect size, smooth, a comfortable shape, and it is just so fun to play with. The only problem is it is a tad bit expensive. Its $60 which is fine. I got the Paul Escolar edition and it looks sick!

11 Likes

I ment to only send one of those pictures :joy:

You can edit the message and delete one.

Duncan Butterfly… new mold…

• yoyojones
2 Likes

This should be interesting, getting close to release time:

1 Like

Finishing up anodizing now - very very soon and it’s very very good

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with playing responsive. I play purely responsive as well.

Sounds like you are off to a good start with your Hornet and Freehand. Eventually you will want to add a metal option. No rush.

My favorite string - Monkeyfingr Vines Normal, but definitely not the only good string option.

Enjoy the ride.

6 Likes

Thank you that helps! :+1:

Good call and welcome to the group.

1 Like

So I cant decide aluminum imperial or butterfly … someone make the decision for me please LOL

I heard the imperial aluminum is more novelty and not that great but I would love to own an imperial AL;

I figure the FH1 is like a butterfly right?

so what would you choose Imperial or butterfly?

2 Likes

Butterfly definitely if it was me.

2 Likes

If I had to buy one or the other, I would lean towards the Imperial AL because I think there are yo-yos out there that I would prefer for what I would want to do with the Butterfly AL.

For collecting both for playing neither… there are better playing yo-yos in those profiles at other companies at lower cost but they are really nice on a shelf and look
Fantastic. If I had to choose one of those two I would go butterfly only because it uses a c bearing and actually plays as you would expect even if it’s a tad heavy and tough for the styles it’s intended for. The a bearing imperial is just too heavy to be fun as a looper and just doesn’t work for me and how I want it to respond but I like it after I modded it to a fixed axle with a blank.

All great points just one addition.

There were two Butterfly ALs. The first was all aluminum and took a half or full size c bearing. The second was the delrin cap version and takes an a size bearing. That said, I agree with @Captrogers that other throws do the same things better and cheaper if you’re not just collecting Duncan (which is totally up to you).

1 Like

Ahh didn’t realize the delrin cap has an A bearing too I imagine it’ll be just as annoying as the imperial then. I revise my answer further get neither and go snag an Origen from yo tricks and thank us later.

4 Likes

I second the Origen but you might just be hearing the echo chamber that @Captrogers and I are in :rofl:

Edit: also, seriously, any $5 plastic butterfly (or XT) is great for learning modern responsive.

3 Likes

I always jump on the Origen train. It’s just hard to beat at $20.

3 Likes

The small bearing is pretty sweet. Not so much on the Imperial, but just about everything else has had a snappy response.

2 Likes

I’ll have to give it a shot at some point.

1 Like

So my freehand one just came in. It’s so different from the hornet. It’s way less responsive(I think)

. What a big difference. Good call guys thank you very much. Definitely is going to take some time to get used to because I’m used to the hornet but overall I’m a very happy person right now.

I decided not to get the imperial AL based on what a couple of people told me and I’m gonna hold off on the butterfly AL .I think I’ll be good a while with just a hornet and freehand one

My free hand one came with some double coated tissue tape what is this for?

Thank you :blush:

7 Likes