New Duncan Freehand One Colors! Releasing this Friday, 2/18!

FREEHAND ONE:

In addition to launching a new style of play, the Freehand’s shape, aesthetics, and feel made it into an instant classic. Over the years Duncan has explored many different designs emphasizing various elements of the original, but with different materials and shapes. With great pleasure, on the original Freehand’s 20th anniversary, Duncan is returning to their roots with what might be the best plastic Freehand yet!

Releasing Friday, 2/18 @ 8PM EST.

17 Likes

These come in the cool retail packaging correct? (@YoYoExpertGarrett, @AndreBoulay)

I’m asking because I might want to pick up 2. One to keep in package, and one not to.

12 Likes

That is correct! New ones come in that nice new/classic packaging!

6 Likes

Thank you Andre!

I almost never pick yoyos up anymore (have taken a long break from yoing)…but I’ll be picking 2 of these greens up today and am really excited about it!

Way back in the early 2000’s when the original Freehand 1 was super popular I had a friend who found a bunch of these at his college book store of all places lol. He sold me 2 of them for what he paid ($20 each).

Seeing Duncan reproduce a bunch of classics over the last couple of years has been all sorts of nostalgic for me. I love the metal Freehands they came out with, and the metal Butterfly? How cool is that! And I am really stoked they remade the og FH1 with modern guts!

And they even made them in green because they love me!! :green_heart: lol

4 Likes

haha I was afraid the greens would go out of stock right away…but it looks like you had 88 of each color in stock when they went live!

Who else picked one of these awesome things up? What color did you go with?

6 Likes

I haven’t been this excited for a release in years!

I was nervous they would sell out right away too, haha. Already placed my order! Can’t wait to see the safety yellow colorway in person.

5 Likes

That’s awesome :smiley:

Do you have a personal connection with Freehands that has you so excited for this updated version? Did you own an original?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have never owned the original FH1. Absolutely loved the FHZ and have been collecting them for years!

10 Likes

Oh wow! :smiley: Nice collection! That photo looks so fun haha

5 Likes

Ordered a red with white caps one to play and mod and a black with white caps to keep new!

5 Likes

I liked the way Duncan brought the FH1 back from a design perspective.
But this new run’s design/print is too close to the OG for my taste.

This will cause confusion later on. Bad idea, Duncan.

1 Like

Will respond tomorrow, but here’s a quick reference and discussion for the old vs new Freehand

7 Likes

I don’t know how it’s a bad idea or going to cause confusion. The original Freehands did not have the little letters under the Duncan logo on the caps. And besides, the originals were never packaged with a white dice.

3 Likes

10 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

I picked up the green with yellow caps and a blue with black caps. But what I’m really looking forward to is the day they make clear and send a big box to John Higby!

6 Likes

Significant weight differences, you can tell tbem apart quickly.

3 Likes

We invested a lot on this model.

We have a lot of new colors here and there. Limited, collaboration, standard colors and etc… it’s just a matter of time!

This release for 2022 is special, because this might be the last classic clamshell release for collectors. We will then move to more economical version of packaging so we don’t have to do any price changes in the future.

9 Likes

I wasn’t aware of the subtle differences, sorry about that. That is good to know.
Still, I liked the first design choice better with distinctive different cap designs.

2 Likes

No sweat! Have a good day. :blush:

3 Likes