New Duncan Freehand One Colors! Releasing this Friday, 2/18!

Any plans for new freehand 1 AL colors? Id love to have it in some of the regular freehand al colors.

1 Like

There were already? Only caveat were the Yellow with Clear Caps, as those were stolen from Duncan and someone fire saled them on Ebay. These however looked more orange :tangerine: than yellow IMO, same as with the A bearing FH1ALs looking more orange than yellow.

2 Likes

To be more specific, I just want the fh1 AL in pink with silver caps, or blue with silver caps. Those colors are only with the freehand al atm

2 Likes

You can swap caps, first drop of FH1AL there was a Blue and Clear BTW, and there are 18 in stock currently at YYE at the moment.

4 Likes

Yeaaaa but, i dont wanna :joy:

2 Likes

They are very close for sure! I can see your point.

I personally love how they’ve matched it to the original so closely. Even the packaging is super close.

Old:
Freehand1 Fh1_pkg

New:

3 Likes

Totally makes sense.

There’s just something super fun and nostalgic seeing Duncan yoyos in retail clamshell packaging. Yoyos are toys after all and it brings me back to being a kid again!

I don’t know if Duncans are still sold at retail anymore. I live in a small town and the only big department store around (Walmart) stopped selling Duncans for quite a while now. They don’t even sell the basic Butterfly or Imperial anymore.
I miss that though. It was SO fun seeing a bunch of Duncan Pro Z’s hanging there in the toy isle several years ago. It’s what brought me back into yoyoing again.

I’m glad I’ll have one of these new FH1’s to keep in the fun clamshell packaging to add to my collection. I’ll miss the Duncan retail packaging! :frowning:

1 Like

Im having the same issue in South Texas. Whats going on with that @bjardin ?

1 Like

Here’s a question…

Can the old response stickers that were used in the original FH1 be used in this new model? I’ve got a bunch of the old stickers sitting around.

1 Like

Those old stickers are a rare find these days!

2 Likes

Limited collaborations?!

Is there a YoYoExpert FH1 on the horizon?!?

I’ll take 12…

3 Likes

Non-Duncan player/brand collaboration for sure.

We have so many colors in the pipeline so don’t get too excited yet (I’m excited to release all at once though, ha ha). We don’t want to flood the market, so some colors will be released next year.

7 Likes

Its been a exciting couple of Fridays in a row. Ive almost been able to keep up.

Almost.

3 Likes

Chris Makita always has helpful tips when it comes to Duncan products, this one shows how to save your clam shells. @bjardin there needs to be a MKT Freehand One Plastic Special Edition, he is always putting in the work.

10 Likes

thats an awesome tip, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

How about a Cap market or special release available direct or through retailers such as yye?

Custom caps, “redux” caps, or even special edition mod caps(?) which would be used for both your models and of course fit other throws (free social advertising, low effort, utilize existing production, enhanced brand appreciation…)

As seen from other releases such as thesis’ da capo, there was quite a lot of instant demand for customization which would likely not cut into individual unit color purchases but enhance sales as new purchases would be made by non-active existing consumer base in order to match a new cap.

I believe you’d said previously you all are strict about the caps, but perhaps a short special event to test viability of this market segment would be warranted along with the new FH releases.

4 Likes

@bjardin need to trun Freehand Caps into toys?
How about a POG style game set.

3 Likes

I’ve honestly been surprised that nobody has stepped up to cafepress style do blanks. Unsure if those are somehow patented but I haven’t found it yet.

While we’re at it. Duncan made this patent (US3156068A) — bring it back as the Whistle Tip. Woo woo!

4 Likes

Das only for decorations

1 Like

Agreed! Would be really cool to see Makita get his own Freehand.

1 Like