Dings dings dings

Ouch!!!

You don’t take care of your things. Are there any grassy areas where you live? I can sympathize with the first ding on concrete but after that…

2 Likes

To be fair though in @PCaliyoyos defence, I play with my yoyo everywhere.
Home, park, supermarket, train station, playground, work (well not any more lol), and you can’t avoid playing on concrete if you do that.

I am guessing Peyton is the same.

2 Likes

I know that, so do I. I just have no sympathy after the first ding. Haha. It’s funny to see a still-new yoyo get banged up so much in two weeks. @PCaliyoyos, I want video with sounds of all your concrete dings on your new Umbra!!!

1 Like

Can someone start a thread that will contain only bloopers like face hits, window smashing, car dents, and dings on concrete? The videos should be no longer that 5 seconds. Once there is an hours worth of material they can be edited together and put on DVD and be sold in the YYE store with all money going to fund yoyo clubs.

5 Likes

Check this out

1 Like

in my defense, it was for this awesome picture.

but before i got the photo, i dropped it.

4 Likes

i’ll make sure i film videos over concrete.

2 Likes

Aw, man. Nothing personal. You’re a good guy. I just feel bad at dings so early in your new yoyos childhood. I hope you and your Umbra have a peaceful, ding-free evening.

3 Likes

i think you took that the wrong way.:joy: i’m going to use a dinged up yoyo, like my OG Shutter, to film videos over concrete, for a

2 Likes

I hit my forehead twice this week and seriously considered why I was throwing around a piece of metal on a string. Hit myself hard on the lips this week too. I immediately felt for blood or a chipped tooth. I got lucky.

2 Likes

i busted open my lip with a yoyo. nothing too serious, i’m fine now.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious!

2 Likes

Tbh, after you ding a yoyo once, why bother babying it? Thats where the term “beater” fits in.

2 Likes

it was slightly amusing… after the fact, at the very moment, i was just yelling.

2 Likes

Dings should increase a yoyos value in BST. Mo dings, mo fun!

3 Likes

snag protection arm… If you feel the bind isn’t right, or you know that some of your binds don’t always wind the yoyo right, stick out your non throw hand arm and throw the yoyo under it (breakaway). That way if it snags you won’t have to get clocked in the face. I’ve been using the gost bind alot lately, it always wraps the yoyo correctly. I think paying attention to how the yoyo feels when you bind is the best way to prevent getting clocked.

I also use around the world (1A) to rip out a bad bind on the yoyo, something about the motion keeps the yoyo from comming back and hitting you. Not a cool looking trick tho.

4 Likes

Getting hit did not occur during binds…just frontstyle mishaps. Good advice though!

2 Likes

@TheHelveticaScenario @AKYOYOMIKE i lightly knicked my Avocado on a brick, and it finally dinged. on the bring side it got rid of all vibe.

11 Likes

@ChrisFrancz wants a video of this :joy:

You promised to record the next time this happens @PCaliyoyos hehe

3 Likes