DeHcade (...)

This is reminding me of the 2014 version!

2 Likes

That G R A I N tho. :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Oaky Oaks

5 Likes

This Ballsy is probably one of my prettiest possessions.

13 Likes

Cool new take on the eh, excited to see it in action!

2 Likes

I got a little head start unknowingly haha, After finding out about this I may have to up it to a whole year! The original plan was 6 months

8 Likes

Switching gears to El MiJo for this challenge.

25 Likes

And just like that, the DeHcade is upon us!

TOMORROW at 8PM!!! These will be on sale right here at YYE.

Here are a few of my thoughts on it:

"This latest version of the eH synthesizes many of the features from previous designs, while also adding a few new innovations. The gap profile & red oak material evoke the original eH, the wood-thread axle and corners pull in the 2014-17 eHra, and the overall dimensions combine the feeling in hand of the 20-eHteen and PockeHt models.

This edition incorporates a unique raised hub which gives the DeHcade an slightly anti-rim weight distribution (which flips easy and feels terrific on stall-regens) and a deep response groove which tightens response. This feature requires some extra time and attention to break in, but once it does, it’s butter!

The engraving (“throw grace, catch joy”) is a mantra I’ve loved for over a decade. A yo-yo is a toy, but if throwing it helps you lean toward your best self and put some positivity out there, that’s a valuable thing. What you send out into the world has a way of returning to you (like a yo-yo) - not always in material terms, but definitely in terms of joy and fulfillment. Since this is the only yo-yo I’m throwing next year, I wanted to keep that idea close.

Thanks for supporting the eH and #fixedaxle #yoyoing in general, and I hope you throw this in good health and fun times."

Immensely grateful to @AndreBoulay and @colinleland, as well as @SCUBA_Steve, and really to everybody has lifted this yo-yo up these past 10 years and kept it relevant.

26 Likes

Love the engraving on these. It’s awesome how many iterations of the eH there are and how the designs vary over the years.

Good luck on your mono throwing next year, and I hope this means we will get some more blog entries on 2022 @edhaponik!

7 Likes

What time zone?

2 Likes

Eastern (YYE time) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks amazing
Fingers crossed I can snag one I imagine these will go ridiculous fast

5 Likes

This looks epic, and I still haven’t gotten my hands on a Fixed axle since missing the survivalist :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Countdown up!

13 Likes

@edhaponik @YoYoExpertGarrett
What happened to this drop? I was refreshing page. It showed 40 in stock. Refreshed once more to 39. Then went to add to cart and its sold out?! In under 1min… dang, was really looking forward to getting my first wooden and first fixed axle.

2 Likes

It went faster than any run I’ve watched I think. I’m really sorry you missed out. Colin and Andre have said they intend to release more.

12 Likes

TMBRs and particularly Eds throws always go incredibly fast unfortunately but I think there will be more after this initial run

4 Likes

This yoyo plays as well as it looks, and this thing looks amazing. First thing I noticed was that it was very stable and the response, even on a fresh string, was nice and was perfect once the string was broken in. The mid size width is between the pockEHt and the 2018 eH and makes this great for kickflips as well as varials, while still maintaining the same high wall stability of the 2020 model. I’ll be posting a full review on Chasin’ Wood in the next couple of weeks!

16 Likes

Yay! Enjoy.
If it’s like the protos, this one takes longer to break in than the previous models - a combination of the response groove and the red oak. I used some light cotton string pull-throughs (careful not to scorch the guts) and it worked a treat.

8 Likes

Can you elaborate on ‘pull throughs’? Would love to break mine in right when it arrives! Or at least by the beginning of February, :joy:

2 Likes