Contacting duncan

It’s amazing that I could only get a response from Duncan by telling them to cancel my order. But it looks like canceling orders is the only thing they can do in a timely manner. So sad…

8 Likes

All of mine have gone unanswered for almost 2 weeks now. I have only dealt with Kristen and still have no idea of when my orders will ship.

2 Likes

Well I canceled my order maybe about a week and a half ago now … never got a response . I don’t have time or patience for this kind of crap.

2 Likes

I just got my fed ex shipping notification from Duncan. I never bothered contacting them.

3 Likes

Did they give you an additional percentage off? I thought everything was 40%-60% off.

1 Like

I sent them an email a couple days ago, basically just forwarded my order confirmation and asked what’s up. Got this in response:

So it looks like there’s some hope. I’d hate to be the guys managing this behind the scenes, sounds like a logistical nightmare.

4 Likes

A week has gone by since I was told that it was in the que and would be shipping soon. I just don’t get it. It was a yoyo that they had in stock! 23 days and counting?

1 Like

mine was suppose to ship on the 28th, but told me the same thing- probably Thursday

what sucks is how a staple in the yoyo history had such a big mess up, I wonder how many customers they lost forever. and being owned by a parent company, I wonder if duncan was already just barely hanging on. how many toy companies stay in business for that long anyway?

7 Likes

Got an email Monday stating mine should ship today. :persevere:

4 Likes

So this arrived in the mail this afternoon.

Packed well with no missing items. Took me by complete surprise and super happy to get these yo-yos!

I was not provided a shipping confirmation yet the FedEx tracking on the box indicates that it was shipped out on Monday (June 28th). The $1 Flambeau charge was removed a week ago and I have not seen a new charge since.

15 Likes

If I owned a company that had a customer service disaster this bad and this public, I would lowkey consider just cutting my losses and ship the orders without charging the customers. Hard to complain about something you got for free. :man_shrugging: Probably not very realistic however (although I’m sure a company like Duncan more likely has the margins to be able to do this compared to some small run companies).

Also have yet to receive my order still.

3 Likes

if duncan is owned by a parent company i doubt they have any margin…

1 Like

Being owned by a parent company shouldn’t correlate to margin in any way really. I figured since they ran a promo for 50ish percent off and were STILL able to make a profit, they must have pretty good margins. Plus Duncan being the size that it is probably has gotten their supply chain in place and as cheap as possible due to large runs, a luxury smaller companies can’t afford.

1 Like

I really just don’t want to see duncan fail. I think duncan has brought a lot of new people to the hobby and hopefully will continue to do so

3 Likes

Way before this sell I bought 2 free hands - a FH1 and a FHAL

The FH1 arrived without the AL freehand and I contacted Duncan they said they were out of stock, randomly a few weeks later the FHAL shows up and I have never been charged for the FHAL just the FH1

Idk I just let it go

4 Likes

As a customer, I agree that would be nice and would instantly make up for the mess, at least I would be happy. As a business owner though, that’s pretty rough. Of course I’m working on a much MUCH smaller scale than Duncan, but I’m sure that’s still a huge hit. It’s one thing to give a single customer a refund or a free item once in a while, it’s another thing entirely to lose all sales plus product plus shipping on what’s likely one of their biggest days of the year. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they’re big enough that it wouldn’t matter in the long run. They definitely have better margins than smaller companies, but nobody’s making a profit by giving away thousands of dollars of free product.

I guess all I’m really saying is, it would be a nice way to instantly earn back some good will but I’d hate to see any company in our tiny niche hobby take that big a hit, even the biggest company.

9 Likes

To all,

Again - sorry for this mess on behalf of Duncan.

For many of you that emailed us for tracking, our Customer Rep responded with tracking information. With our new system update, the email automation to send out the tracking information is affected. So you will not receive an email from us. You guys don’t deserve this much frustration, so I got nothing to say except SORRY!

If you email me your confirmation # at bryan@yo-yo.com I either have:
Your tracking or Kristen will send it
When it will be picked up. (Sorry)

To be more transparent, if you missed my update last time, during YOYODAY, Flambeau Inc, the sole owner of Duncan, change our ERP software, and our website orders are not syncing to our new system correctly (missing CC, email, or phone number). With this issue, we have to enter everything again, even before shipping manually.

The most exciting part of my job is to treat our customers well, so this has been a nightmare for me and possibly the worst experience I’ve had working for Duncan.

Again, after we complete these orders, I will be sending out an email to all of you to give you an option on how we can make this up for you.

27 Likes

Forwarded my original confirmation email to you. Thank you.

1 Like

Stay strong Bryan, you are a champion!

9 Likes

Sent my order confirmation number to you Bryan, thanks for the updates!

1 Like