Contacting duncan

so, I bought a yoyo from duncans yoyo day sale. got email conformation of my order, but I still haven’t gotten my package or even shipping info…

so I emailed them a simple email, no shipping info received from order.

then I get an email from a different email address and name with weird business logos and such. she said, oh yes I see your order here, but we need your CC info please give and fill out this form.

I already paid for the yoyo and I never gave my order number in the original email. super suspicious!

anyone have a contact for duncan I can email or what should to do here?

3 Likes

Was is someone from Flambeau Inc out of curiosity? I wouldnt worry if so, that’s the Duncan parent company. I had someone reach out from them to correct a bearing order issue i had placed through Duncan a few months back.

Weird they are asking you for payment info though. Double check your bank statement to see if it actually went through or not would be my advice before responding to the email.

3 Likes

ok yea it was from flambeu

3 Likes

I picked something up that weekend and it hasn’t shipped yet either. Same with a couple of other guys I know. There was a charge in my account right after but it has since disappeared. Not sure what is going on but I am letting it ride at the moment. Looks like Duncan is working through some issues.

5 Likes

Duncan is not the most prompt with shipping. I would be a bit weirded put by them asking for your cc again though would double check your statement .

4 Likes

8 Likes

oh ok thanks

I never received any email saying my order didn’t go through or canceled or whatever

2 Likes

Good to know that it’s not just my workplace that picks especially lousy times to change systems lol

FWIW I never heard anything via email either (after the order conf email). Guess it could be buried in span but I don’t make a habit of checking that. And I am not super active on social media, so… sigh. Guess I need to reach out to them directly or just let it go. At this point… Meh.

3 Likes

Yeah… this topic is a whole thing on FB right now…

LOTS of people in the same boat. The pending charge for the order just disappeared on my bank statements (basically refunded), but on Duncan’s website, it says the order is approved and pending shipment. But from what I gathered in the FB threads, this order is basically void and not going to go through, due to system issues they’re having at the moment. I guess they have to send everyone affected a form requesting CC info so the order can be put in again manually? Super not comfortable with sending my credit card info over email though, as are many others. I sent an email requesting an alternate to the form, but haven’t heard a response yet.

I think the smartest thing to do would be to send out an email to everyone affected and give them a NEW discount code to repurchase the desired item on the website again, instead of this sketchy over the email credit card stuff (assuming the website is working properly again). I know it’s not anyone in particular’s fault, just a wack system, but dude… someone has gotta take care of this as Duncan is looking kinda yikes rn.

What do you think of this idea @bjardin? Appreciate all your work on figuring this out, I’m sure it’s a nightmare to deal with.

6 Likes

I filled out the forms and returned it to them. Hoping I get shipping confirmation soon.

2 Likes

I guess an interesting question would be, “did anyone actually successfully place and receive their order?”

I’m in the same boat as the rest of you as far as no communication after the initial order confirmation.

1 Like

Just checked my spam folder, I don’t see anything from duncantoys or yo-yo or Flambeau. You’d think they’d have a unified “customerservice@whateverdotcom” account so customers know the email is legit. But like a lot of you, I received the order confirmation email and nothing since. I’m definitely not going to email my credit card info to anyone, legit or no. I do hope this gets sorted but it’s not a great first impression, as this is my first time purchasing from Duncan.

6 Likes

They had issues with their server migration over this past weekend that caused them to lose the orders. I reordered over the phone with them and am currently waiting on the tracking number.

2 Likes

I’ve gone through the email process with Flambeau in the past. The CS department isn’t on there A game. I responded back directly to a email with a CS agent and they claimed I never responded. Then after digging they found it in the spam of there email.

What’s really not cool is that Bryan had to apologize for Flambeau’s shortcoming. @bjardin is 100% a cool guy.

8 Likes

I get that it is hard to navigate through all of this but they could send a mass email letting everyone know what is going on . I am rarely on Facebook .

3 Likes

Yea I also ordered something from duncan on yoyo day and they never shipped. I sent several emails with the email attachment showing my order number they never emailed me back. Piss poor customer service if you ask me!

1 Like

Last year, I ordered a pretty decent amount of yo-yos from Duncan on their YYD sale. I’d received exactly what I’d ordered and never gave the transaction another thought.

Fast forward a month. I order a miniature for my D&D character which sets off some red flag with my bank that shuts down my credit card. I discover this as I’m trying to pay for groceries three hours later.

In this three hour window, top minds in Duncan’s accounting office realize that my card had never been billed for my YYD order. They immediately seek to rectify the situation, only to find a sad DECLINED blinking back at them. A garbled sub-space transmission somehow fires a notice off to shipping and a few days later, I have another box of my YYD haul staring at a very surprised me.

I contact CS via email and eventually tie the two aforementioned events together. After a little back-and-forth, I offer to pay for what I’d ordered and send the second box back if they’d provide the shipping. That was the last I heard from them. I was never billed and I ended up giving the entire second box away to friends safely during the pandemic.

I haven’t ordered from them since.

8 Likes

I got the email from the parent company requesting my card info. I just told them to cancel it all together. I felt weird about sending them my card info again. Kind of a bummer.

6 Likes

Same. Super bummed but once bitten twice shy.

2 Likes

damn man I dont want to cancel my order. but I’m also not gonna put my card info over paper. can’t they send a checkout like onedrop does or basically anywhere else

3 Likes