Contacting duncan

Whats the most effective way to cancel my order before you folks ship it?

1 Like

Send over your confirmation # to bryan@yo-yo.com and I’ll forward it to the right person first thing in the morning. We’ll take care of it!

3 Likes

Glad it’s gotten sorted. I too was not about to send CC info through an email. I don’t FB or IG etc. etc. and was updated by email a few days later.

But, new system’s integration can be a nightmare. Should have tested on a non-production mirror platform 1st but even that does not guarantee a bug free merge. Many won’t spend the money on a full mirror. Also many operations managers aren’t programming oriented so are at the mercy of those who say they know.

3 Likes

I still haven’t received any email except the order confirmation email… I even sent 2 emails asking about shipping info… bummer

1 Like

Same, but given the issues they are dealing with I am giving them a bit of a cushion. They did charge my account again, so there is some sort of movement.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what’s the reasoning behind charging the customer when the items ship, rather than when they make a purchase?

Personally, when I buy something I want the money to come out of the account immediately. That way I don’t accidentally think I have more money in my account than I actually do. Like right now I just have to try and remember my account balance shows about $90 higher than what it should be, because at some point Flambeau will charge my card and I have no idea when.

Again, I’m not complaining or anything, I’m just curious what the logic is there.

7 Likes

I think it is to make change of mind refunds much easier, and also when the customer wants to merge one order with another to ship together for a lower shipping cost. Else, when they charge immediately, the refund process can take a very long time. There’s also double charging for shipping in the latter scenario which needs to be refunded which is more work. It also allows Duncan to hold orders for customers until a specified ship date to compile shipping. Just my guesses.

4 Likes

I don’t know what happened to others but when I hit purchase, the money came from my account and stayed in pre-auth form until it just dropped off a few days later.

Think of it like a restaurant submitting a receipt with your tip on there.

Duncan saying they don’t charge until it ships is misleading.

2 Likes

Also the system issue seems misleading to me.

They sent me this some time ago:

Must have been a really rough transition.

Edit:close to 8 weeks ago

2 Likes

I haven’t received anything since I got the order confirmation email on 6-7.

2 Likes

I see you recieved the website down email with the discount code as well. Funny story I recieved the same email and tried to use the discount code but it wouldn’t work. So I email Duncan and i am told the discount code in not valid and they have no idea where I could have gotten it from. After I showed them there original email they suddenly changed there attitude.

3 Likes

I got that code too but it had a date for may 6th so it wasn’t active until then . I used it with no issues .

1 Like

Yep may 6 … still have the email from Kristen F… saying the code wasn’t valid

2 Likes

Weird. Honestly Duncan seems like a mess

4 Likes

Yea I’m sure they’ll get it sorted… still love you Duncan :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yeah agree love the YoYos

1 Like

So, anyone seeing any movement here?

Flambeau applied a $1 charge to my account a few days back and now that is gone too. Order status has not changed since the day I placed my order and radio silence from Duncan (yes, I checked my spam folder, etc.). I was patient, but that is now fading quickly.

7 Likes

I don’t see anything in my email or on my credit card. :frowning:

3 Likes

This is just crazy. It’s so simple to send a mass email updating everyone in what is going on.

5 Likes

Nothing here. After that screenshot posted a week or so ago in this thread recommended checking your spam folder, I’ve been searching “yo-yo” “Duncan” “Flambeau” and “duncantoys” in my email and spam folder every day or two just to see if I’ve somehow missed something from them. Not a fan of having to dig through the offers of attractive and promiscuous ladies in my area or the distant relatives from Caribbean islands who want to send me their fortunes.

7 Likes