Contacting duncan

Duncan does makes some quality products in the mix. I’ve had plenty of 10/10 smooth Duncan’s (tourney, orbital gtx, and butterfly Al).

5 Likes

For sure. My Duncan Haymaker Beta is 8/10 smooth, and plays great. Makes it all the more annoying that this stuff is going on, with QC and fulfillment.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on my Hamaker Beta. Oh well…

4 Likes

That’s really unfortunate. I bought one from Yoyo Expert when it first came out. Think I’ll stick to only buying from YYE. Never had a problem with their worldwide shipping, usually DHL Worldwide Express. Hope you get yours soon.

5 Likes

Agreed, this Yoshicuda is the only vibey yo-yo I’ve had from them (aside from some plastics and vintage stuff)

5 Likes

It’s been about 10 days since they said they were going to refund me and send me a return slip but no email or notice yet. If anyone is going to go this route it’s very slow.

6 Likes

They need to just take the hit and refund people with the damaged items without having them return them. This is an unprecedented cluster-f where people are not only expected to wait but to be willing to pay shipping to return said damaged items.

9 Likes

Yikes… This clown show is still unfolding? So glad I got out of it months ago…

12 Likes

How epic would it be if people still haven’t got their yo-yos and/or refunds by next years yoyo day!!!

9 Likes

‘Cluster-F’ or not, you can’t expect a company to give away free merchandise just because they made a mistake. They should 100% offer prepaid shipping for returns on damaged items, and a future discount is a nice apology, but to just take a loss on all the orders would not make sense for anyone involved. It’s definitely a frustrating situation, I imagine just as frustrating for the people at Duncan as the customers.

8 Likes

Those are good points. Thanks for the perspective from the business side. I was thinking that with the above FH AL1, that will likely be thrown in the trash. So, why not let him hang on to it instead of taking a hit on return shipping. But I can also see how doing that over multiple occurrences can leave them open to people being dishonest and reporting damage when there may not actually be damage.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s true for some situations it may be easier to just let the customer keep the damaged item rather than throw it away. But they also may want to have the item in hand to troubleshoot the defect or salvage parts. Idk exactly how Duncan would handle returns, but i’m sure there’s some sort of system in place.

Either way I know Bryan has been working hard to make everything right so hopefully this thread will come to an end soon.

6 Likes

Yeah Bryan has been the best part of this whole thing.

7 Likes

Very true. Duncan is lucky to have Bryan on the team.

5 Likes

The saga drags on, or does it?

I checked into my account at Duncan. My account still show that I ordered something on the main page and shows a balance due for the price of the Yoyo that I ordered.

However, when you go to the orders page, it indicates that I have never placed and order. It had been there until recently and now it is gone.

I wonder about Duncan’s company profile. They sell to big box stores all of the world from grocery stores, pharmacies , toy stores, and just about everywhere. You can see they yoyos on shelves everywhere. Probably 10s of thousands of them.

I doubt that they even care about online sales to individuals. The revenue is so small it probably doesn’t show on their ledger books.

If I ever get a discount email, I may give it a try.

It might be better for everyone if Duncan just made their Yoyos available through already established online sites such as this one? Just a thought.

Oh well.

8 Likes

I have two Yoshicudas, one from this sale, and I think the slightly sharp/raised inner edge of the weight rings are unfortunately just par for the course with this model. It seems like I got lucky with vibe on both of mine. Personally, I otherwise love the design enough that the rings don’t really bother me, but it’s still a shame.

2 Likes

It’s been about 12 days since I shipped off my yoyo back to Duncan and I’m still waiting for my refund.

7 Likes

The only reason I even found this thread is lack of communication from Duncan. After a couple of weeks went by and not getting a reply or ship notice from Duncan I did a search and found this thread along with others mentioned at FB and such. I would have been happy being kept up to date.

6 Likes

The site is still down. What happened to Duncan?

5 Likes

Bought an Orbital GTX from another reputable online yoyo store last year only to have it be one of only 2 throws I’ve ever stripped over a couple hundred. I hardly palm tightened it and it peeled easier than a banana. Brought it up with Flambeau, and was told to go pound sand. I asked them to cancel all current orders I had with them after that. A week later I get a shipping notification for one of my “cancelled” orders for a ‘Duncan Equals Love’ engraved throw. What a slap to the face. $80 down the drain after spending over $600 on them the same year. Some amazing throws, but some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

6 Likes