Contacting duncan

Thank you. Jeff

1 Like

Glad to see it’s being resolved. I only have one Duncan yoyo, but I love my Haymaker Beta. This whole situation was a bit off putting, but I’ll still probably pick up the next new Duncan release, from YoYoExpert.Truly great product.

5 Likes

Hadn’t heard a peep from Duncan in 48 days since being told my YYDay purchase would ship on 6-30. After reaching out to them again today I was told that they no longer had what I ordered…sigh😔

7 Likes

I think a lot of us were told things that didn’t come to fruition. Very disappointing. Sending the half of my order I did receive back to spend my money with a company who’ll appreciate my business.

5 Likes

So… to my EXTREME surprise, and after thinking my order was cancelled, this showed up in my mail out of literally nowhere today. Was not charged (and would be 100% okay with it staying that way due to the whole debacle). It’s actually pretty good!

15 Likes

That’s actually the exact yoyo I ordered and then canceled early on in this whole mess. Glad to see you got your throw though, fingers crossed you’re not about to get triple charged or whatever.

6 Likes

They’ll charge you when you least expect it! :wink: I got the exact same throw. I’m really digging it!

5 Likes

My charges showed up again and stayed about 1 week after delivery. There were charges before that but they dropped off before actually charging my account.

2 Likes

Just thought I would post my story about my customer service experience with Duncan.

It all started when I ordered an unknown freehand about a week before the dreaded yoyo day sale, and I received my new Duncan FH1AL unknown with a large mark.

I contacted Duncan using the email on their site and received a quick response from Kristen. She asked me a few questions and what I wanted to do and I responded that a refund or replacement would be nice. Then the dreaded yoyo day sale happened and I got no more updates from Kristen for awhile even though I sent a bunch of emails in. Finally I got an update and it was the standard reply about payment issues for the yoyoday sale. Obviously no one was reading my emails or anyone else’s. After this communication was kind of just cut off for months even though I tried sending more emails from the original email address and a second email address I have I received no replies. Still no response about it and I felt like my hope was fading. Every now and again after checking this thread I would see what news people had and Bryan posted his personal Duncan email for contact. I contacted him right away and he said for some reason all of my emails were going to spam. I have no idea why they received my emails at the start and all of a sudden they were going to spam but I’m not going to question it. After months of emails Bryan got me a refund and I will be shipping my throw back to Duncan. Unfortunately they don’t have any more unknown FH1AL throws so I will be settling with this for now.

PS: if you have issues with Duncan products only contact Bryan. The standard Duncan email just puts you in their spam folder.

9 Likes

So you got a partial refund and you’re hanging on to the damaged FH1AL until they get more in stock, then sending the damaged one back?

2 Likes

I’m getting a full refund and I’m shipping my FH1AL back to them. @Benmichael86

3 Likes

Good you got your money back, Hopefully they will send you the Discount code when the site goes back up and give you some credit! Hoping soon we get some emails!

4 Likes

It seems totally unreasonable that they expect you to ship it back, and still not get what you ordered.

IMO that is not an acceptable resolution at all. They offered me the same thing for THREE defective/damaged yoyos out of 6. There is no way I’m going to spend time and money shipping back defective products with no way to get what I ordered.

Not to mention waiting 2.5 months to deal with this.

8 Likes

If Duncan covers the return shipping I think that’s about as fair as can be expected from anyone. He should not have to ship it back on his own dime though.

Ivan

4 Likes

For me, they simply asked me to ship it back. No mention of reimbursement.

3 Likes

I’m blown away that they wouldn’t just refund you and tell you to keep the damaged goods. They messed up royally and then need you to go out of your way to return the product and they don’t even have a replacement?

Why would they pay for return shipping on a yoyo that they will probably throw in the trash anyways?

If Flambeau isn’t trying to deliberately destroy Duncan by driving customers away then I am very confused.

9 Likes

I finally got my shipment. On one hand, I think I got pretty lucky, my Haymaker X and Orbital GTX are in perfect condition (and are both great throws).

On the other hand, the Yoshicuda LOOKS like it’s all good (I didn’t get the gouges or bad engravings like other people) but it has a pretty decent pulse vibe, and the edge of the steel ring where it meets the body is sharp to the touch. I would rank this below the level of quality most brands sell as a B-grade (usually small ano blemishes or fingernail vibe), it’s more like a C-grade (playable but clearly defective). After hearing about the experiences of others who have worse damage I don’t think I’ll waste my time trying to get it replaced. I’m not picky about vibe so this will still get played (once again, it’s a great design).

I paid a heavily discounted rate for these, so I guess I shouldn’t be too picky, and two out of three isn’t bad. That said, I still thought I was getting A grades, and maybe would’ve reconsidered had I known what I know now.

7 Likes

My yoshicuda is very vibey. Plays great but super vibey. All the Duncan bimetals I have bought have never been smooth always like a 7/10, but my yoshicuda is about a 6/10 out of the box after a bearing swap and some running it’s like a 7 now .

5 Likes

It amazes me how inconsistent their QC is, considering the fact that there are great, smooth yo-yos on the market, from other brands, for less money.

3 Likes

Yeah that isn’t fair of them in my book. If the product is defective or not what was ordered, it’s pretty standard for the company who sold it to send a prepaid label so all you’ve got to do is box it up and drop it off at the courier.

It’s different if there’s nothing wrong with the product and you simply change your mind after receiving it, but if the goods are defective then return shipping should be on them, in my opinion.

Ivan

4 Likes