Contacting duncan

Whattttttt …… LOL

2 Likes

Still no sign of my order that was supposed to ship on 7/19. I’m a patient guy but this is getting a little silly

5 Likes

My “account” still shows order approved but not yet shipped. Over two months…

4 Likes

Same. Still no order, two months later. There’s no way it can POSSIBLY take this long to get all the orders out. This is by far the worst and most dysfunctional service I’ve seen from any company, ever.

Really considering canceling my order after seeing the double/triple charge stuff, the wrong item getting sent, only some items getting sent, or damaged items getting sent. Don’t want to wait all this time and STILL have an issue like that.

And whatever happened to the supposed “update” we would be getting, promising to “make things right/make up for this” or whatever.

We gotta get some answers tbh, cause this is crazy. Someone needs to definitively tell us what the hell is actually happening and not dance around it or dodge the question. I think we were last told that most of the orders got shipped out which is a fat pile of BS.

@bjardin we would appreciate an update.

11 Likes

My invoice was with each order and a packing slip so this is a duplicate for me. These came 3 weeks after my orders finally arrived. It doesn’t bother me, I just thought it was pretty funny.
And a little sad.

2 Likes

It’s 8:17am and I’ve already answered four messages from customers this morning. If I can do that, how has the largest yoyo company in the world taken this long to even get back to some of you guys?

At this point I feel insanely lucky that my package arrived at all and that I was charged the right amount, I honestly thought I would have been the tail end of this when I finally got mine a few weeks ago. Definitely agree @SR1 , I’d like to see what they’re going to do to “make this right.”

10 Likes

Hi All,

Update:

All unshipped products will be canceled, refunded, and will offer a website credit and discount, you can either choose which one to use or use both in separate orders. If you are still having an issue or have any concerns, please send it over to bryan@yo-yo.com. Even if you received the product, you will still receive either one of the above offers.

I want to tell you guys the entire story but it will just look like an excuse, so I just want to apologize.

Duncan took a hit – I didn’t allow them to open the website until all the YYD orders are shipped, or at least find a solution. If you know direct-to-consumer business, you know much 9 weeks of order is worth, at least by a minimum. I did this to see the issue we have caused for both customer and the Duncan business.

Most of our new releases for 2021 will be directed to retailers.

Much love,

Bryan

16 Likes

Hi Spencer,

I posted something below, but yes, this is ridiculous. What I’m saying online is just being passed to me, which I thought was true.

We gotta get some answers tbh, cause this is crazy. Someone needs to definitively tell us what the hell is actually happening and not dance around it or dodge the question. I think we were last told that most of the orders got shipped out which is a fat pile of BS.

Update:

All unshipped products will be canceled, refunded, and will offer a website credit and discount, you can either choose which one to use or use both in separate orders. If you are still having an issue or have any concerns, please send it over to bryan@yo-yo.com. Even if you received the product, you will still receive either one of the above offers.

I want to tell you guys the entire story but it will just look like an excuse, so I just want to apologize.

Duncan took a hit – I didn’t allow them to open the website until all the YYD orders are shipped, or at least find a solution. If you know direct-to-consumer business, you know much 9 weeks of order is worth, at least by a minimum. I did this to see the issue we have caused for both customer and the Duncan business.

8 Likes

I HIT YOU UP ON THAT DISCOUNTTTTTTTTTT

hahaha

1 Like

“Excuse” or reason, either way I feel like some sort of explanation would help us process this as consumers. It seems like you are trying to make up for the mishap and I think most people understand that stuff happens. Of course you have already lost some future customers but it could help recover some others. Plus I’m curious :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

@bjardin
So even the people who got their order(s) will receive a website credit or discount, or both if used on separate orders? When and how?

4 Likes

I mean…I’ll take that too. Hahaha

But i’m thinking surely both won’t happen. I’d be pretty content with a discount. But credit would be rad. I had four different orders.

1 Like

Back in my day a good deal = the company actually delivering on the good deal. Doesn’t matter if Duncan advertises 50% or 60% discount, if they don’t deliver on said promise.

2 Likes

Yes.

When? Probably closer to when we will resume in our website. I will have to know that date and will send a mass email to the buyer. We will probably automatically add the discount to the email that was used during YYD sale.

5 Likes

This seems like another burn to those of us who haven’t gotten our orders yet. Everyone who has theirs gets the yo-yos they ordered plus the credit/discount. The rest of us just don’t get anything for our wait except the credit and discount (which seem somewhat useless since Bryan mentioned that new releases are only going to retailers anyway).

I don’t mind continuing to wait for the things I ordered, it would just be nice to have some better communication and realistic expectations set.

This response feels like a punishment for speaking up about duncan not delivering as promised.

Edit: I want to make it clear that my frustrations are not targeted at you @bjardin. I know you’re doing you best here and you shouldn’t be held responsible for the actions of a huge corporation.

8 Likes

Hoping the store opens soooonish? its been down a long while.

1 Like

Still waiting and the website is still closed. :frowning:

1 Like

Sure! Here’s the detailed story.

Two months prior to YYD, I emailed my higher up, ERP rep, shipping department, customer lead if we can still run our yearly campaign. I only asked because our ERP migration is similar to the week of the promotion. They all said YES and I’m happy.

Phase 1: The migration had some major hiccups that our customer orders including CC information did not sync up well. It did, after 10 days… this is the first delay. We cannot access the CC until the ERP software resolved the migration issue. Our fault is trusting our ERP Rep that we can handle the promotion smoothly during the migration…
Phase 2: Those 10 days of not shipping anything added as backlogs, and made it difficult to catch up company wide.
Phase 3: (Mid July) some people quit in the shipping department due to COVID-19 related issues. This made our facility a skeleton on the top of the issues we are having.
Phase 4: (Late July - current) We hired new employees, two of our boss even drove to Indiana to speed up the process. We are back to normal at this time.

A bunch of complexity during COVID-19 will put your company in difficult times. So these looks like excuses, but in our end, it’s hell. So we made sure we have something to offer (promotion, refunds, exchange or whatever you need to make this right).

11 Likes

Hello,

We will send the promotion/code once I know when we will open the website again. We’d like to make sure we can pick, pack and ship with our new ERP. We don’t want another trouble with our customers.

6 Likes

Hi!

Please kindly email me if there’s anything I can do to help you (bryan@yo-yo.com). I always respond ASAP when I receive things via email. Via forum it’s incredibly difficult to keep our issues organized since I share the responsibility with our CS.

Also - I appreciate. Right now, this responsibility falls under me. I know this issue will be 100% resolved soon and can take a quick break!

7 Likes