Contacting duncan

Sorry to hear, I have been over Duncan for a little while now.

To me I feel they are the Yomega+ of Yo-yo companies. If we are grading YoYo companies.

3 Likes

Wow…

3 Likes

I’ve still never received anything. No contact with them in a month. Last contact they said it would ship before the end of June…

5 Likes

wow, its crazy that this thread is still going. I tried ordering from them on yoyo day but even though they’re site is set up for international orders they only deal with orders in the US.

I can’t believe they charged you 3 times @Kaylinity ! especially since all the orders were entered by hand after the system failed to do it.

6 Likes

Most of the manufacturers I’ve bought direct from have been good, but I’ve definitely had a few issues. And I feel like for a few of them, the absolute A grade stuff goes to YYE (and the other top stores) because they can’t get away with sending them anything less, so it’s safer to buy from a shop like YYE than direct. So I do that unless it’s just not possible (not to be a kiss-■■■).

8 Likes

Yeah I rarely ever order from anyone other than YYE unless its an awesome deal, thus my yoyoday purchase. YYE is just too dang reliable and awesome.

5 Likes

I think I agree with that for most yoyo companies out there but this is Duncan. They aren’t a small company by a long shot. They make much large quantities than other companies. I don’t think they worry about sending their best out to other shops. But I’m just speculating, maybe they do but I doubt it’s a major concern of theirs

Edit: I probably should have mentioned I got some Duncan throws on yoyo day from another yoyo shop and when they arrived you could tell they had been sat around a very long time. Dirty boxes and it was the first time I’ve ever had to clean a brand new throw before using it. The yoyos worked perfectly fine but I was very surprised at how scruffy they were

5 Likes

Just got Fedex tracking, finally. I have still yet to be charged, though. I’m going to be watching very closely for that charge :male_detective:

4 Likes

That’s just crazy! It’s not even like they just charged you the non-sale price, they charged you more! Hope you get this straightened out fast.

4 Likes

That is an easy credit card chargeback dispute - especially with the original bill of sale reflecting the price as it should have been. It stinks that you may have to go through that though.

3 Likes

Made me check my charges again since I’ve seen multiple charges but they’ve dropped off. Looks like only 1 charge has stayed for the correct amounts on both orders. It’s weird, my bank doesn’t even keep a record for charges like that. No debit or credit. They said if it never leaves ‘pending’ it will disappear from my account records all together, no trace.

I agree with others, sorry to hear and hope they get it sorted immediately.

4 Likes

You are Ben Mcfee. And if you did a back flip and landed on your head and got 90 percent Amnesia. You would still remember more about Yo-yo history than at least 90 percent of anybody that has ever had a string tied to their yo-yo finger since Dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

That’s who you are, Homie.

3 Likes

Welp, I received a package containing one of the two yoyos I ordered. I suppose I’ll wait to hear back from Kristen sometime during the week.

The one I received is at least in mint condition though, so there’s that.

8 Likes

Dang

2 Likes

Still waiting duncan… :rofl::rofl:

Congratulations Duncan you won the gold medal for the worst yoyo company of 2021… keep your heads up. Your still in the running for the gold in 2022 at this rate!

10 Likes

Incomplete orders are no joke, they’ve sent me packages like that before.
Even included a shipping firm with the missing items on there, marked as in box.
I wouldn’t wait to follow up with them. Responding ASAP to unfulfilled orders is necessary. If you wait and then present it, you may run into problems.

Stay on top of them.

5 Likes

Oh yes, I took photos and emailed Duncan on receipt. Both Bryan and Kristen responded first thing this morning, it turns out that the color I ordered is no longer in stock. I selected a different color and they’ll try to ship soon. I know they’ve been having continued problems with their CRM migration or whatever it was, so I can see how something like this would slip through the cracks. Disappointing, but understandable.

Still though, considering how steep of a discount I bought this stuff at, I’m not feeling particularly put out. It helps that I’m not in a hurry to receive these yoyos or anything.

4 Likes

Hope it wasn’t PeopleSoft. Their CRM package purchase and installation destroyed our entire IT team over a failed implementation lasting over a year of work, weekends and all. It was a terrible failure and their CRM portal was proven to never even work.

3 Likes

Well I just got some invoices in the mail to pay what I’ve already paid? One invoice for each yoyo, from Flambeau. Can someone apply a tourniquet and stop the bleeding over this fiasco? :rofl:

7 Likes

I just got an invoice as well, but I didn’t think they wanted payment, just finally sent it out, as it wasn’t included in my order.

3 Likes