COMING SOON: Fixed Axle February 2024

Get your fixed on! Starting 2/1/2024

33 Likes
18 Likes

Looking great guys!!!

7 Likes

Its gonna be a fun time

8 Likes

Also let’s all pretend I didn’t forget docpops logo in the sponsor banner that’s still missing on a few posts on instagram and the video linked above…

7 Likes

Can’t wait to se everyone video submissions, and hope everyone learns some sweet new fixie tricks!

7 Likes

I’m really looking forward to seeing what comes out of it this year!
Sure we got fantastic prizes awesome sponsors and a fantastic group of people working hard behind the scenes!
I’m really excited to see what other people are throwing and how they approach the tricks I think it’s going to be a lot of value to begin to see how other people play!
Thanks for everybody who has been working so hard behind the scenes to make this awesome!

9 Likes

Will the details of the contest be announced on the 1st?

3 Likes

Yes!

All Details will be in the Post.

Any general questions we can answer now?

4 Likes

It seems I have come to the right place.

7 Likes

will there be an ap/freestyle division like in previous years?

4 Likes

Stoked! Glad some folks stepped up to run something. :raised_hands:t3:

15 Likes

We wanted to but with only two weeks to plan things once we took on the project not this year. Hopefully next year we will have plenty of time to get volunteer judges and structure for a contest style event. This year the bar is as low as it gets. Do tricks get entry to raffle win prize.

6 Likes

The sheer level of incentive to participate this year is bound to get many more involved. Last year I was trolling still and hadn’t joined when all of this was going on. I want to participate this year simply because I have seen the heart and hard work that everyone has put in to make this an amazing event. All volunteers, taking that added responsibility on top of everything else in life…because they wanted to. The presentation is already fabulous. People volunteering their time to make videos, commentaries, hosting websites, setting those websites up, and scores of other things all at very short notice, in order to make an enjoyable event for all says, yet again, so much about this community and the people in it. And then adding contests on top of that, contests that anyone can win regardless of skill and those ideas keep coming. The hype surrounding all of this was enough to make me buy fixed axle yo-yos. And you all know how much I hate to buy yo-yos. I mean…spending money…yuck!!! :rofl:
Anyways, you guys have done this very right!!! Way to freakin go!!

7 Likes

Time to up my fixie game It looks like

I dont post fixie stuff often but I got some things up my sleeve :wink:

Ụ̶̞̽͗͗ ̴̯͉͓̀̈́͝N̴̜̈͐̂̒̚ ̸̱̒̚͝V̷͖̐̐͑̚ ̷͉̲̤̗̃́̒E̴̥̣̜͓̖̎ ̶̫̩͑̓̐͠Ǐ̵̞̭̟͔͂̎̎ ̴̥̦̘̼̬̍͌̏L̷̪̲͓̖̉̔̑͝ ̸͍̆̈͘͘͘

8 Likes

Anyone recommend me a fixed axle?

4 Likes

We like to say a 5 dollar Duncan butterfly is all you need. We aren’t kidding and you’ll see many of our presenters using just that. They can be found at most big box stores and big online retailers.

You can easily glue a spare half spec bearing and make any yoyo fixed axle. The boho and legend wing are both solid cheap wood fixed axle yo-yos

If you want to get fancy. Jon gates, Tom Kuhn, wildwoods, and spinworthy make amazing wood and if you can find a TMBR they are great too.

ZGRT has d bearing blanks and the polycarbonate el mijo plays fantastic fixed axis, similarly the kasm from layer infinity comes with bearing locks can play fixed.

Or find a blank in this thread for whatever yoyo you’re looking to play with.

4 Likes

THIS. WHAT WAS I THINKING

EVERYONE GO BUY SOMETHING FROM GATES

5 Likes

Also if you want to get really awesome look
At lkglass. @lkglass on instagram and link to his store in the linktree here yoyoboomerclub | Instagram | Linktree

His glass yo-yos are freaking awesome and works of art. One will be a prize in this event.

6 Likes

There were also several who have volunteered to give a few of their own fixed axles away for the event to those who have been unable to acquire one. Quite honestly as mentioned, the Duncan Butterfly is pretty easy to come by. I know that I have a Butterfly and a Legend Wing I offered up to any in need and that offer still stands.

4 Likes