COMING SOON: Fixed Axle February 2024

I think i’m ready, will get ths KNack broken in by the end of February .

16 Likes

Do you know if it is possible at the moment?

2 Likes

You can find some really great deals on Duncan ProFly’s on eBay too. I love mine.

4 Likes

Just got to head up to Colorado and go to mile high yoyo club to get the fix it seems. Go skiing while your up there

3 Likes

I love the profly I don’t think I like it as much as the standard proyo tho

2 Likes

Oh yeah for sure!
They are definitely on my to get one day soon list

If only I knew the last drop was going to be the last for a long time. I would have ordered multiples.

1 Like

I’m in negotiations now for an awesome fixed axle. My only hope it’s that it gets here in time.
One word, glass.

3 Likes

I’m going to try and rip my TK SB1 for this, can anyone help with a decent setup? Right now I have the axle double wrapped with no pads or anything. Is that ideal or is there a better way to go?

2 Likes

All you can do extra is add a turbo disc to at least one side in the inner face. Otherwise your all set up in a stock setup.

3 Likes

I’ve heard some really good things about these…and they are all just drop dead gorgeous.

2 Likes

I have an lkglass yoyo coming for one of the faf prizes. Gonna be really hard to let it go when we draw that winner.

2 Likes

Make sure you try it over carpet!! :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks!! I didnt know what was considered stock.

I added a turbo disc, single wrap with new YYExpert Cotton and its ready to GOOOOOO! She didn’t want to sleep that well with the double wrap.

3 Likes

For an sb1 I use single wrap 6 count cotton string. A drop of thin lube on the axle will help as well. If you need a wider gap you can shim the axle with card stock between the wooden sleeve and metal halves.

3 Likes

no stickers with your setup?

1 Like

I don’t on an sb1, the gap is already super thin I don’t need it more responsive. Just adjust the string tension based on what you need. I do see the advantages for stuff that uses sidewall friction since the sb1 doesn’t have the resistance that wood would have.

3 Likes

I traded magnesium for one. Won’t be here in time though. Sigh.

2 Likes

We have 4 weeks of fun

6 Likes

Warming up, rediscovering fixie. Did they change something on these butterflies in recent years? They’re little rippers!

Not the same plastic though, feels a bit more brittle.

8 Likes