CNC Spinworthy?

Wow perfect name! I love it! Keeping my collection goal of a 70g+ Yoyo uncrossed off until this drops. Love the minimalism and that you went with a long axle.

2 Likes

Yes, I like this. :+1: Very ā€œon brandā€ in my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Its only been a couple days, but I have been thoroughly impressed by the Steadfast.

Leading up to receiving this yoyo, I had been exclusively playing a <64g bimetal. I generally favor 66-68g monometals and power oriented bimetals for both the spin time and how they feel in play. Iā€™m not putting in marathon sessions, so fatigue has never been an issue. The lighter yoyo was an impulse buy that I really wanted to try based on the shape and the brand. As the timing worked out, it seemed like it would provide a good contrast that would really allow a 70g monoā€™s characteristics to hit home.

To the Steadfastā€™s credit, it has a nicely substantial feeling but it does not come across as heavy, even played back-to-back with my 66g or even 64g yoyos. I have lighter (but still on the ā€œheavyā€ side by current standard) yoyos where it feels like there is a trade off between power and maneuverability. I donā€™t feel like the Steadfast ups that ante relative to the additional weight. I find that the weight is actually less prominent in play compared to some slightly lighter yoyos.

What does come across is spin time. The Steadfast out spins every monometal I have tried by far. It just motors on and on. When I can keep my execution fairly clean, I am consistently left with spin time I donā€™t know what to do with. I have been tacking on more elements and/or just restarting combos at points where other yoyos were barely making it back to the hand.

I think that the Steadfast is a great name of this yoyo. It just delivers with consistency and no fuss

All credit to @Glenacius_K for taking a chance on this design. Its been an eye-opener for me on what to look for/expect. I hope everyone else is as happy with their Steadfast (and that everyone who wishes gets a chance to try one).

23 Likes

Nice write up :hugs:

3 Likes

Having only 5 made is not exactly risky. Thanks for your write up!

4 Likes

yeah but those 5 were made based on promises of unknown forum goers, thats pretty risky lol

5 Likes

Haha. I guess. I could have kept the 5 and been set for life. Lol

3 Likes

Anyone in the US want to try this out? Down to send it to anyone if youā€™re willing to cover return shipping and do a write up for Glenn on your thoughts.

11 Likes

I would but I canā€™t commit at this moment in timeā€¦about to be pretty busy but I am very curious and have a spot earmarked for this when there are more is it easy to throw up tricks with lots of hang time

1 Like

Iā€™d be down to try it out, Iā€™ve got access to Hydrangea/Turning Point stuff that should be relatively comparable.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s quite a compliment.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very generous offer! I really hope that people will give the Steadfast a shot.

I have been rotating through the other monometals that I assumed would be comparable. Some of them favorites (some less so now). I still like those that have their own standout features (e.g. a size of shape that I like), but Iā€™m finding that the Steadfast is just better over all. It has more spin, more stability. Among the heavier, I think it carries the weight better ā€“ it never feels dense or slow, by comparison or in general.

3 Likes

Would love to be on the listšŸ‘šŸ¼

1 Like

Ive been dying to try one honestly lol would love to get in on that if possible

1 Like

Havenā€™t had a reply from @AndreBoulay yet as to whether YYE would like to stock some Steadfasts. Without confirmation, I wonā€™t be pulling the trigger on this one, I donā€™t need 30.:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@AndreBoulay we want these! :rofl:

5 Likes

Sorry - catching up to this! I just landed in Seattle to help run PNWR and before that was on another travel/trip and kind of went straight into this one! Iā€™ll look over and get back to you asap!:heart:

10 Likes

Can you ship that on to @mable? Interested in knowing her opinion on it.

5 Likes

Got their address and probably shipping it out tomorrow.

5 Likes

Any chance you might keep some aussie stock if you make a run?