CNC Spinworthy?

Badonkadonk. Shipped with Thicc string.

potential description includes “she has a round, shapely rear end.”

Only love and true ideas here.

4 Likes

Thud. Or Thudworthy.

Truffle!

Looks like a rock but it’s expensive and desired by those with specific tastes.

And yes, truffle shuffle.

I’m thinking I might just call it ‘Standard’.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, although its 70g, its pretty comfortable to throw around. So Thud is not the best word to describe it.

I really want to go with ‘Standard’.

3 Likes

Yeah - Spinworthy Standard.

8 Likes

I didn’t comment on this since I’m not looking to buy a yoyo at the moment, but the design looks nice. Feels very reminiscent of TP/modern YYR monos while still being its own thing. Simple and effective, no unnecessary cuts to over complicate the design.

The name Standard would be cool.

A joking name that puts emphasis on the weight as being something extreme or overbearing seems like it would only further reinforce the idea yoyos have to stay in the 62-66 range or they’ll be “too heavy.”

70g should just be another option as a normal weight, not something viewed as a brick/weapon.

10 Likes

I’m really glad you like this aspect of the design. It was exactly my intention. It looks extra clean in person.

I completely agree about not making a joke name of its weight. I don’t want to reinforce any notion that ‘heavy is bad’.

10 Likes
2 Likes

Another name i think hasn’t been mentioned is The Thicc for a heavy yo

Also: Sumo, Heavyweight, Fat Man (if edgier names with a history are your thing), Brute, Sledge, Andre (cus of the Giant), Bromdignagian (Gulliver’s Travels, anyone?) Dumbell

1 Like

The name is ‘Standard’. I’m sticking with it. :+1:

16 Likes

I’m partial to the name hefty beans. Just throwing that out there.

1 Like

Were the five prototype Slapnir/Standards machined in Australia?

Confirming the potential upcoming production run of 30 will be machined by FPM?

I’m assuming FPM is a much more viable option, but for what it’s worth, I personally would be drawn to a yo-yo machined in Australia.

2 Likes

I like how this naming party has begun taking on the feel of arguments over baby names at a gender reveal party or baby shower. Perhaps that can be coordinated to celebrate its eventual birth, Glen?

2 Likes

Name it YoMama(SoPhat). :grin:

Kidding. Standard is a great name. Could wrap some vintage gas station graphics onto it. Cool.

3 Likes

palli already use that name in his yoyo brand

Core Co. also have already used Standard, but I’m still going to use it.

7 Likes

pretty sure your standards set you apart from other companies standards. I’m with you on the name.

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 12.41.50 PM

4 Likes

OK. I finally have a name I will settle on.

I was going to use Standard ar most of you know, buy id rather have a name nobody has used before.

The final name is… Steadfast.

25 Likes