CNC Spinworthy?

I may not be making them at all, but if I do, there will definitely be Aussie stock, or at least the opportunity for a couple of fellow Aussies to buy one from me.

3 Likes

I can confirm that I will be having 30 more made, a large portion of which will be heading to YYE.

Very much working with the Henry Ford philosophy here; they will all be matte black.

22 Likes

I got the Steadfast in the mail today

Iā€™ll write up my thoughts on it in about a week once Iā€™ve gotten some good playtime on it. Here it is next to a handful of the yoyos Iā€™m expecting to compare it against, while also just viewing it as its own unique yoyo design. (left to right in profile picture: Kiwi, Steadfast, Quercus, Magnolia, Lisianthus)

Do you mind if I play some 5A with this, or should I keep it as a 1A exclusive yoyo? @yoyojoe

13 Likes

Probably stick to 1a for now if thatā€™s cool. @mable

1 Like

Thereā€™s still time to change the name to Model T!!!

1 Like

I will now have two options in the run:

Black and raw.

9 Likes

Tough choice!

1 Like

Of all the available colors, a non-color (black) and a non-colored?!? :face_with_spiral_eyes: bha, de gustibus. if I remember correctly itā€™s a 7068, the 70xx series tends to oxidize quite easily with not nice black specksā€¦ personally I would avoid making them rawā€¦

Really? Its meant to have excellent corrosion resistance.

The reason I am doing this is because for a run of 30 yoyos, my machine shop offers them to be anodised with only one colour. I managed to get them to at least do 10 raw for me. This way, people have more options and those who like to film their tricks have a good option.

6 Likes

You canā€™t please everyone. Just do your thing.

4 Likes

I kind of do have to please people. Nobody wants yoyos sitting on the shelf for years until they finally disappear in a Cyber Monday sale for 60% offā€¦

Purple, clear, and teal seem to be popular colors.

3 Likes

I can only choose one colour plus some raw.

Iā€™ll figure it out.

3 Likes

Black is beautiful

7 Likes

Definitely black plus raw it fits with the minimalist design and is class and clean both raw and black. Or the dark color you had originally not sure if thatā€™s a black or an off black dark purp but I would avoid bright colors because they donā€™t fit with the design as well.

3 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, I like black too and think itā€™s a great choice. Everything you have produced has been very well received. You are very good at this. I know this is a big deal, but I think you should trust your gut. It has been right so many times.

4 Likes

I think black yoyos look beautiful, but I avoid buying them due to poor lighting in my house.

1 Like

Black for me :hugs:

4 Likes

I also choose black

5 Likes