CNC Spinworthy?

I think black and raw’s a good idea, even if raw may tarnish over time.
But then again, this comment’s coming from a guy who stripped one half of an Unknown RBC raw so… :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

go with your gut

5 Likes

Interesting that black seems so popular in the comments seeing as there are relatively few black yoyos on BST and people tend to gush about and show off cool colorways.

1 Like

I love the utilitarian qualities of clear/raw. Its my first choice for any yoyo, and seems to sell relatively well when it is an available option.

1 Like

I’m down with black

1 Like

The raw 7068 End II that I’ve owned since release (roughly 1.5 years) had zero signs of oxidation as of Monday this week, and I’ve stored it in open air for its entire life. I think a raw option is a great idea.

I’m interested to know where you are getting your info.

1 Like

also my Third Impact, 7075, for the first 4-5 years showed no sign of oxide… then they started to arrive and even if I polish it with Iosso or Sidol paste they are still there… so much so that I would like to anodize it

If the point of going with raw is to have a more visible surface finish when playing/filming, then I don’t think caring about any potential oxidation matters much. It’s a colorway choice with play being the intention, not to just look nice in a case.

A clear coat for an anodized silver finish is an option if people really dislike the idea of raw.

I’d rather raw or silver than something divisive. I feel pretty confident in saying there are a lot more people who hate the colors teal/hot pink than silver. Silver works, and the point is for visibility, not to be fun or fancy.

Raw yoyos look good and I wish more companies would release them as a standard colorway. It feels like only a couple Japanese companies release raws.

6 Likes

I too like raw yoyos a lot, in the summer, under the sunlight, the bare aluminum has some reflections that seem to have a ball of fire in your hands, in fact the yoyos I have in 60xx raw alloy I leave them as they are without anodizing them

I’m doing black and raw. If its a huge failure, then whatever. Ill move on. Naysayers like @persson can go ahead and buy something else.

7 Likes

Just curious if you’re modifying the design for the final version? @Glenacius_K

Yes I am. The gap is now 4.45mm instead of 4.6mm. I also wanted the bearing post .005 thinner, but the machine shop won’t do that. A pity, but its because their tolerance is that measurement and they have a standard bearing post diameter. I may use a different machine shop next time.

2 Likes

If you’re wondering why I reduced the gap that much, it’s to increase power translation from the throw into spin power. It will also help make the binds snappier.

4.45mm is a good gap for all-round play.

5 Likes

The colours I like are what people hate.:sweat_smile:

Bright pink and bright orange are among my favourites. I dont really like teal though.

10 Likes

looking at the yoyos i bought and chose the color on its mostly pink, purple and green.

Personally i don’t care what color a yoyo is. if it plays a way i want its a yoyo i buy.

3 Likes

I’m in for a black one too!

2 Likes

Will raw have the engraving on it?

No, I dont think so.

1 Like

Always looks good on a yoyo!

2 Likes

@MarkD kindly just made some 3D scenes of the yoyo in both raw and matte black. This will give you an idea.

27 Likes