Beautiful :heart:

Half swap for the win

3 Likes

Yep, I want black :hugs:

2 Likes

Raw wont be blasted?

Man the black had me sold then I saw the raw and now i cant decide

1 Like

A blasted raw yoyo would look awful and you could never polish oxidisation away.

4 Likes

the naysayers? I’m not sure what kind of problem you have but it’s still your problem. I don’t oppose anything, I simply expressed my personal opinion and my thoughts, neither more nor less what everyone normally does here and what I will continue to do until my last breath. As for the fact that anyone who doesn’t like your yoyo can go ahead and buy more (which is the second or third time you’ve said it again), I’d say they can thank you for the advice but I think they can figure it out on their own.

5 Likes

You basically poo-pooed my colour choices and that’s OK.

I was simply saying that I will choose those colours however well or poorly they are received.

2 Likes

Black and raw are my two favorite colors in yoyos if i can’t bape swap it. Killed the choices for me personally man, stoked to see this drop :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

basically I told you what I would have to anyone else because of the 130, black yoyos I own I have only three, uni derlin which is a prototype available only in that color, one because despite being mint it cost me 1/3 of its list price and one because it was available blasted only in that colour… it never seemed to me a popular solid and total body colour… with so many colors available I would choose something else, for visibility in game, aesthetic and visual pleasure and then I gave you the I advise you to inform yourself and/or consider how 70xx class aluminum left raw reacts over time. if your intention was only to confirm your decision, you didn’t need to quote me and repeat to buy something else.

You need to realise that the machine shop told me I could choose only one colour. Name just one colour that everyone will like. Its extremely difficult to find the best colour that suits most people.

I only have the option to offer raw as an option too because the machine shop agreed that they could do some of those only because it doesn’t invole an extra anodisation.

2 Likes

but, black with raw could also give a nice effect…

Imgur

with workings of simple removal of sections…

Imgur

2 Likes

you’re making 30, not 3000 and they’re still pre-production or prototypes… do you think you’ll have problems selling them by color? you should do what you like, don’t worry about what everyone might like (a concept that is elusive in itself because it is impossible) do you think that the strange color of the 20 Noctu Pearls would appeal to everyone? and was it an issue in terms of customer desire to buy or collectability or perceived historical value?!

Imgur

must this be your yoyo, or a basic and non-personal object that “pleases everyone”??? ask yourself this question, seriously.

2 Likes

Its the first unresponsive yoyo I have released. It needs to be done well. Its not just about it being my yoyo, I want something worthwhile for people to play in a colour they would preferably like. It matters.

They also aren’t prototypes, they are a very small run.

Anyway, I’m not interested in arguing with you about it.

1 Like

when people aren’t willing to discuss and therefore compare their ideas with others but only with those who agree with them, they should start asking themselves some questions… but it’s easier not to ask them. Best regards.

I think its clear from this thread that I’m willing to discuss ideas. You can most certainly give your opinion. I suppose the way you did it at first was a little negative, but then again, I can certainly be that way sometimes in my posts!

5 Likes

Just gonna get both, problem solved :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Black or clear is the only choice here really. Maybe do clear anno instead of raw?

5 Likes

If the shop only offers you one ano color, maybe with the rest/some of the rest, you could do a white cerakote?

[says another uninvited cook in your kitchen :slight_smile:]

2 Likes

Here’s some tricks with the Steadfast (sorry that these are pretty sloppy, I was just in a quick rush to film anything with this since I’ve been busy with other stuff and mostly playing 5A. I recorded more but decided to only post a minute worth of tricks, to fit them within the limit of a single imgur clip)

Impression:

The Steadfast is a fantastic option for tech-oriented players who want something along the lines of a Hinemosu but in the body of a monometal. You could argue that the St. Elmo is literally that, but in practice the St. Elmo falls flat. It’s comfortable to move around and doesn’t take an excessive amount of force, and it’s a good size for tech, but the spin times just fall flat. The Steadfast goes where Turning Point doesn’t and uses 7068 to concentrate more of that weight into the rims, and get it out of the walls and hub. However the Steadfast still leaves enough material outside the rims to help disguise the 70g weight.

You can’t make that weight disappear, that’s just not possible. But the Steadfast manages to hide it’s weight very well, with its ability to accelerate and redirect with relatively little force for a yoyo of this weight.

That weight is really nice for just having extra spin time for sitting in mounts or powering through excessive amounts of string clogging up the gap. I found the gap width to be slightly too wide for my taste, causing low RPM binds to suffer a bit. But the tightened up gap for the next run should be a nice improvement. For reference I play with Kitty XL.

This is a comfortable yoyo to play that just allows you to play more yoyo on a single throw, or to just sit in mounts and contemplate which direction you want to take your tricks in. The narrow width makes it easy to squeeze through tight string formations.

If that sounds like the type of yoyo you want to play, you’ll be very pleased with the Steadfast. I think it slots in very well as a middle ground between the Quercus and Magnolia. It easily outperforms the Quercus while having a similar style of design thanks to the extra weight. But the Magnolia’s more extreme concentration of rimweighting just gives it more juice to work with, at the expense of the Magnolia having more kickback and a less comfortable feel on the string.

This is very much a yoyo that fits my personal taste for what I’m looking for in a yoyo. I like monometals because I feel like I can beat them up and abuse them more without having to worry about rim dislodgment. This isn’t a yoyo you’re going to want if you only throw meta tricks, or if you’re very focused on speed/horizontal play. This is a yoyo for more technical players who see the more narrow width and heavier weight as being purely beneficial, instead of a drawback.

If you’ve wanted to try Hydrangea monos, or wish Turning Point/Yoyorec designed modern monos in 7068, this is a yoyo to put on your radar.

I’m also a proponent of light colors, so that’s why I’d personally want raw or clear. Light pink is my favorite yoyo color, but I feel like color choice outside of silver starts to get divisive. Silver is boring, but it’s a color I don’t think anybody hates? Where I know several people who hate light pink, in the same way I hate teal/hot pink/gold. Dark colors like black look awesome for collection purposes, and the dark plum of the Steadfast I’m using is very pretty. But it’s just worse to film with, it doesn’t pop out against dark backgrounds. If you never film tricks I can see this being a non-issue, but as somebody who films a lot of tricks I’ll refuse to buy dark colored yoyos.

Kind of rambly but I hope this gives other people a decent idea of what they can expect from this yoyo, and if they’d like to pick one up or not.

26 Likes